“not good”

Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Vigo
Melbourne, Australia
“not good”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

No parking; overpriced; terrible old small rooms; uncomfortable mattresses which rolled you to the middle; electricity cut out at one stage; small old shower & bathroom. Won't be coming back here. You pay alot for the location and that is about it. We stayed one night and rushed to get out of there :(

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The location is great. It's central AND one block off the main road, Gran Via. The room was clean and everything was in good working order. I did not have the 9 euro breakfast but instead took all my meals at the many fine cafes nearby.

Room Tip: ask for higher floor
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jim p
Eugene, OR
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I stayed in this hotel for three nights, and only had breakfast there on my last day. My room was a single room and I found it decent--more comfortable than I expected. The best thing was the bathroom, which was of a good size, clean, and had a bathtub. The high speed internet included was definitely a plus. The hotel is ok, sort of nondescript--neither wonderful nor terrible. The staff could be more invested and more responsive, though. As I was leaving on the second night, the room door was not locking. I called the reception and asked for help. After suggesting that I could leave and leave it unlocked, which I refused, they told me to wait and someone would come. I waited for 15-20 minutes and nothing. I called back and was informed that the maintenance person was coming, but that he was not in the hotel and was still driving. I argued that I would expect them to tell me this earlier, and not let me waiting without any clue, while I was trying to leave for dinner. Then, only then, did they offer to give me another room. I accepted. But when I was preparing my things to leave, they called me and said that the maintenance person had arrived and was coming up. The guy arrived and fixed the door. Another instance of limited communication and/or effort was when I tried to sign for a little excursion announced in flyers at the hotel counter. It was not clear whether there was a free spot, so the hotel had to call the agency in an hour. Again, I was leaving. After one hour I called the hotel to see if it had the answer from the agency. It didn't. I then gave them my mobile number and asked them to call me when they had the answer, so I could know where to go next. They never called. When I called again, a few hours later, the receptionist said that "he had tried but didn't get through." Since it is not hard to call a cell phone, and I received other calls, I imagine he was just avoiding calling an Italian number. Again, he left me waiting in the dark. As hospitality service goes, this is not very good.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Stayed here only for one night on our way to Santiago de Compostela. In our humble opinion the location is very difficult to find. We had GPS and it took us a while to find the place. Very near El Corte Ingles-a great department store--however this makes the location busy at times. When we arrived the clerk was nice but not overtly friendly. We got to our room and the AC was not working. We reported this and they told us that it usually takes 30 minutes for the AC to start. OK we are the typical Americans that need AC. The room was nice and very clean. The shower head was broken at the time. The breakfast was average. The breakfast area & lobby smelled like cigarette smoke.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank petvetcookies

Travellers are raving about these Vigo hotels