“THE BRILIANT CON DIOS”

and 1 more site!
Con Dios
Ranked #1 of 3 Gibraltar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I cant get over that terrible review of the con dios by lord and lady muck , WHAT did they expect ??????? its a litttle boat not the Queen mary.. iv stayed on the con dios a number of time and loved it , Jill & Jon are fantastic people and give you no hasslewhat so ever..Its central for all you need on the rock and the shower block was very clean. its a great boat to stay on so give it a go
The little Geordie

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I am writing this review in response to the nasty one posted......get a grip !!!....have you never stayed on a boat before.....what were you expecting .... I can assure you....we had a fabulous stay on board ....we loved every minute and we will be returning....we stayed may 2013 and we will be returning this year ....at £70 for the state room, this really low price was worth every penny.....I am a plus sized lady with arthritic knees and I had no difficulties boarding the deck...the reason there are few negative comments is simply because its an adventure ...it's clean....the owners are so friendly and it's in an ideal position....the boat is also a home for the owners hence the washing machine on the deck....some small issues have a great effect on fussy people ....it did not phase my husband and myself.....we had fun.....

Room Tip: Such fun....state room is so cosy
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marie T
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We have visited Gibraltar on a few occasions and stayed in the Hotels on the Island. On this occasion we chose to stay here to be close to the Marina. We were not disappointed, it is clean, welcoming and central to everything. Jill and Jon are very welcoming and extremely helpful. Even the visit to the excellent shower block was fun. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Take some clothes suitable to slip on in the morning to go to the shower block.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank thehudzons
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I noticed only one bad review before we booked, I have no idea why! Someone is writing the good ones!
If you can manage to get on the boat by a very thin gang blank with almost no hand rails you have done well. You are then greeted by the old washing machines and bikes in what looks like a scrap yard on water. We went in January so the door to the upstairs was closed which was a blessing as when it did open all you could smell was stale cigarette smoke. We were then greeted by the owner who had obviously created the smoke smell, shown down to the 'state' cabin, not sure which state this is from but it's not the western world. It's an old boat with old fittings and furniture and it can't be dressed up with the word state.
The cabin has only very small windows which offer no views so you may as well be in a room on land facing a rock, in fact that would be far better! I dread to think how hot this room must be in summer.
The room has a toilet and sink of to one side, what their website fails to mention is no hot water so if like me you thought you could manage without using the communal toilet block (which by the way is the best bit), then thing again. The toilet is a Marine model which in practise means, as we are told on arrival 'no number 2's! So if bodily functions take over in the night it's a 200 yard walk to the toilet block if you don't fall of the gang blank.
I did make a comment to the owner regarding what we had just been shown, the answer I got back was 'well you chose it' an interesting way of making your customers feel comfortable.
In the interest of being fare I would say the it was a clean as you could make an old boat look
I would go into other things, breakfast, the smell of the chemicals from the loo etc, however if you have got this far you are probably not going to stay on this boat and that's what I would recommend unless you like camping at £70 a night!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Philip W
Reviewed 26 January 2014

very nice place to stay jill and john and very kind and caring and make you feel welcome on the boat. i had the State Cabin and i would suggest that room to everyone. would like to come back again. so many shops and bars and places to eat and casino just a short walk away. the wifi is a very nice add on as well as my phone on 02 had no network out there. so many things to do there and i didnt want to leave.

Room Tip: go for the State Cabin
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David L
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Twin cabin with shared bathroom. The room was tiny as you would expect on a boat, but it was clean and comfortable. The owners are so friendly.
Excellent location just steps from great pubs and restaurants. The only inconvenience is walking to the shower building, but it was spotless. Gibraltar is expensive, but the cabin on Con Dios fit our budget. Everything was exactly as advertised.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank IllinoisTheresa
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful stay aboard Con Dios. We stayed for 3 nights, in the Stateroom, as advised by previous reviewers. It was great. Ok, so it's not a 5* hotel, it's a boat. Which is just a great experience. Being gently rocked to sleep at night. The harbour has some fantastic food & drinks, plenty of choice, but not too noisy to stay. Nice cosy room, kind of like being in a caravan. What you see in the photos, is what you get. Everything is clean & tidy, and nothing is too much trouble. And yes, it's a marine toilet, but you are shown how to work it, with instructions on the wall too. If you use it properly you won't have an 'awful stench' as mentioned in a previous review. If you don't flush properly, of course it will smell! There are currently works going on in the harbour, but they start and finish at a reasonable hour. There is a local shop that has just about everything you need.
I would highly recommend this place. As I said, it is not a 5* hotel, but is certainly a 5* experience, with 5* hosts, who actually appreciate your stay, and will give you as much information as you ask for.
Thanks Jill & John, I already have friends asking when we are returning, so they can come with us...

Room Tip: The stateroom is great, but although the other rooms are smaller, this is in a cosy way, rather than...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gibraltar
Sunborn Gibraltar
#6 of 6 in Gibraltar
Ohtels Campo de Gibraltar
Ohtels Campo de Gibraltar
#2 of 5 in La Linea de la Concepcion

Been to Con Dios? Share your experiences!