“Ignorant Friar” 1 of 5 bubbles

Angry Friar
Ranked #145 of 184 Restaurants in Gibraltar
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Glasgow
“Ignorant Friar”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

I had the misfortune to visit this Pub , my wife and I were in Gibraltar on a day trip it was one of those 5 hr shopping trips , My wife was wanting something to eat and we were outside this pub , so we went in first mistake . there was four people sitting at a table in their mid 40s one of the gentlemen was wearing a kilt and it was obvious he had just got married (the Lady in the dress with the horse shoe was also a hint )
We ordered our meal and waited for our drinks the four people left , and Pat the man behind the Bar decided to ask the girl next to him “What was the guy in the skirt doing” not a good statement to make when a fellow Scotsman was sitting , our meal arrived not the best left most of it , I went to the toilet what a mess , My wife also went to the toilet and came back after entering the Ladies and said I will just leave it .
I went to the bar to pay my bill ,now the girl behind the bar must have been new , as the girl serving the tables out side came in and I over heard he conversation while I was wait to pay my bill . She told the girl behind the bar to add extra on as they were not locals, as locals pay a different price .a cheaper rate and to back this up three guys came into the bar and asked for (what I presume the owner or owners wife) and she told the guys that if they were here for the week then they would get there cards for the locals rate . I paid our bill at visitors rate and left , ho yes the statement on the way out was can some one give Pat a cuddle hes not in a good mood to day.........Please dont use this bar on the way back to the bus I went into a pub at the court yard entrance (cant remember its name) I recomend this bar for a beer and the food looked good.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Benidorm Bobby

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

Spent a day in Gibraltar last Saturday and found this pub so decided to have lunch.
Food was average, bar glasses were filthy and the toilets were a disgrace (no seat or paper in the gents apparently so I didn't bother visiting the ladies!!). The lady taking food and drink orders was pleasant enough.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank scallywag1110
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

Just like a east end pub! lovely n friendly. food ok. bar folks lovely n friendly. loads n loads n loads of xmas decs! loved it!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lougib45
London, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

We had four different meals, which were served by a friendly and pleasant member of staff, who informed us about the history and the origins of the Angry Friar. He was attentive, but not pushy, and we enjoyed our chats with him. The chili con carne was shown on the menu as "hot", it was, but also was very tasty. Others had the mixed grill, fish and chips, and the gammon dishes. We were all most satisfied. The beer and cider we ordered were fine. Pub grub at it's best.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“angry friar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

we called here for a few drinks, staff were friendly. Not my type of place to eat (bit grubby) but plenty people were eating here . Would def return for a drink but not for food

• Visited September 2012