“fabulous”
other travellers have booked this property
Beach House Apartment with an incredible view
Nautical themed kitchen Large kitchen breakfast table
Check Availability
Wet Room
Fishermans lamps
What a view
Communal swimming Area
View from the reception room at sundown
Comfortable bedroom leading onto the balcony
Kitchen bar
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Margaret2...
Fareham, United Kingdom
“fabulous”
Reviewed 21 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We had a fabulous trip down memory lane as we lived there 35 years ago.
The apartment we stayed in was lovely as were the owners Jo & Steffan who made us feel very welcome. If we decide to visit the Rock again I'd have no hesitation in going back to this apartment. Hope all goes well for your trip to Cyprus Jo. x

zaferduc
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great apartment, service could be better.”
Reviewed 13 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

The apartment itself is very nice, bright, clean and modern. The only issues that I had with the apartment itself were that there was no dedicated freezer, just a small freezer compartment in the fridge, although this did work fine for keeping things frozen.

There is no WI-FI / internet available at the apartment, which I would expect for this price. On the plus side there are premium television channels available, Sky sports and Sky movies, as well as a host of other T.V. channels.

There is a good, well equipped kitchen, with hotplate, oven & microwave, as well as lots of pots and pans.

The view from both the balcony/terrace and the apartment itself overlooks the marina, hence the name, and looks out across the bay of Gibraltar to Algeciras and the mountains beyond.

It is worth noting that the apartment is very close to the runway of Gibraltar airport, about 250 feet away. When I was there I did not experience any very early morning flights, nothing before 09:00 & only once was there a late flight, after 23:00. It is obviously noisy whilst the aircraft are on the runway next to the apartment, but once they have gone past the apartment block it is substantially quieter.

The apartment is on the 5th floor and there is no real noise from the marina and the bars below.

With the apartment based at the northern end of Gibraltar it is quite a walk to the far south of Gibraltar, Europa point, but there are inexpensive buses that go all round Gibraltar and the apartment is only a few minutes walk from the main bus station of Gibraltar, as well as Casemates square, which is the heart of Gibraltar.

The only other issue that I had was trying to get a response from the owners of the apartment, Jo & Steffan. After I had booked the apartment I E-mailed them on the 15/08/14 and asked various questions about the apartment. I got a reply the same day saying that everything would be E-mailed to me on the 18/08/14. On the 26/08/14 I still had not heard anything from them so I E-mailed again. They did get back to me that day but all I received was a standard PDF document, not the answer to the questions that I had asked, there was also no apology for not getting back to me sooner. I had cause to have to E-mail them again on the 05/09/14 regarding an urgent matter to do with the payment for the property. I did not receive a reply to this and in the end I had to phone them up, in Gibraltar, to get an answer. They requested that I contact them a day or two before arrival to confirm that all the arrival details were still the same. I E-mailed at 19:00 the day before I was due to arrive confirming that I would be at the apartment at about 18:30 the following day. I received no reply to this E-mail. When I got to the apartment, at exactly 18:31, there was nobody there to meet me. After waiting for 10 minutes I telephoned them and Jo said that she would be there is less than 5 minutes, she arrived 11 minutes later. After checking in Jo asked me what time I would be leaving the apartment and I explained that, as my flight was about 12:30, I would be leaving around 10:30 - 10:45. Jo said that this was fine, as that would give them time to have the place cleaned before the next set of people came in. On the day of check out Jo and Steffan arrived at about 10:10 and seemed put out that I was still there. They were nice enough about it, but I was slightly annoyed given that on arrival I had stated my check out time down to a 15 minute window, and I was told that would be fine.

As I said at the start of this review, the apartment itself is very nice. Jo and Steffan are also very nice. It's just a shame that it seems to be difficult and time consuming when trying to get replies to any E-mails that you send them.

If they could provide a better service regarding responding to enquiries, and put WI-FI in the apartment, this would go from a 4 star review to a 5 star review.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the property.
Liked least: Not getting replies to E-mails from, the owners of the property.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
16 Oct 2014
Thanks very much Peter for your honest review, please come back and stay again. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Glad you liked the flat though.Jo and steffan
MrJonty
Southampton
“Nice flat but owners were very rude to us - quite upsetting”
Reviewed 13 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

My partner and I stayed here for one night for our short weekend break to Gibraltar. We didn't get our welcome pack emailed to us so I had to resort to calling the evening before to ask about arrangements for collecting the key. I did call just after 10.30 pm local time though felt I had little choice, given we had no idea how we were going to get in! Jo answered the phone and made a rather curt point about it being late in Gibraltar but obviously realised later in the call she had been out of order and pointed out that she was "pissed" as she had been at a wedding. Anyway, she told us we could text her when our plane landed and she would arrange for someone to meet us at the apartment. She told us we could walk from the airport to the apartment in no more than 8 minutes or get a taxi. We decided we would walk as this clearly wasn't far. My advice to you if you decide to go is not to walk as it most definitely cannot be done in 8 minutes unless you are a gazelle or cheetah. We walk fast and it took us 20 minutes with heavy bags in hot weather. We also got lost en route because the instructions which Jo and Steffan had eventually emailed to us instructed us to walk past a BMW garage which no longer exists. Not especially helpful and quite frustrating, given we only had a short time in Gib. Anyhow, we eventually arrived and rather harassed Jo very quickly quizzed through the various pointers and told us she couldn't hang around as she had planned to "go for a walk in Spain". So much for customer service. She did however kindly offer to let us stay after the normal check out time as, and I quote, "we don't have anyone staying Sunday night". She asked us to text to confirm our flight time which I did. I didn't carry my phone around with me all weekend for fear of losing it but I turned it on that evening for an hour and again the next morning at 10 am and got no messages to suggest that a late check out was no longer an option. So we ventured up to the rock on the Sunday and had a good look around. When we got back to the apartment at lunchtime there was a very bluntly worded note from Steffan stuck to the door, which frankly sounded very threatening, telling us we were late checking out and would have to pay an extra £20 and in many event would HAVE to be out by 2pm. Given what Jo had told us the day before I thought this was strange but decided that perhaps she and Steffan hadn't communicated about her earlier promise. So I was about to call them when they beat me to it and called me. A very rude Steffan began to pour out a diatribe of rudeness and accusations, telling us we were being unreasonable and repeating his demands that we pay extra. I have to say I was very shocked and upset and could barely get a word in edgeways. I tried in vain to explain that Jo had told us we could check out late but to no avail. I decided we had no choice but to check out hurriedly (as by then it was 1.40pm!) The whole conversation and experience left us feeling very deflated and let down. We felt we were being accused of being liars when it was Jo who had made the offer of the late check out. All such a shame when the flat itself is quite nice and located right on the marina so ideal for yachtie types. This could have been a lovely experience but instead it has soured our whole view of the weekend. I think people who let their accommodation out to paying guests would do well to remember we are their customers - we may not always right but we deserve at least to be listened to and not contradicted, accused and shouted down.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Owners' attitude towards us
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
18 Nov 2014
I think the reviews since you stayed and prior to, speak for themselves!
David B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“What a discovery - We will return!”
Reviewed 29 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

I would like to thank Jo & Steffan for letting us share the experience of Gibraltar from their superb apartment.
The location could not have been better. The sounds & sights of the Marina are in themselves very theraputic, couple that with the luxury of the apartment and the demands of the real world seemed a million miles away.
We could not have chose a better base to explore Gibraltar and all it has to offer (and it has plenty). Close enough to enjoy everything but in a location to provide a 'getaway' when required.
Here's to the next time we can enjoy the delights of Marina Views !

Liked best: The location, The views
Liked least: Coming Home
People with pets
cadger197...
Dublin, Ireland
“Beautiful views, beautiful decor, wonderful stay”
Reviewed 16 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We only had a one night stay at the apartment but we were so glad that we did! From the moment we arrived we were blown away by how beautiful the interior is and the stunning views over the marina. The facilities are second to none and it was great to have everything we needed at hand to be able to fully enjoy our stay. Jo answered all of our queries without hesitation and was a pleasure to deal with. We wish we could have stayed longer but we still leave with fond memories.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful views and furniture
Liked least: Trying to find gibraltar
16 Sep 2014
Come back again soon - Do hope the wedding was fun and your onward travel was easy to navigate. Thanks for the review! Jo and Steffan x
shona a
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent , booked for next year already”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Just returned from Marina Bay with my partner and our 11 year old son and loved it so much have already booked for a week next year after only having 3 nights, was just not enough. The apartment was really cosy homely and gorgeous with beautiful views. Loved sitting on the balcony having dinner,reading all the interesting books in the apartment and looking out onto the harbour all made Marina view perfect.The location of the apartment is excellent with shops bars and restaurants right on your doorstep and a walking distance of about 5 minutes to casements square. Jo the owner was really lovely and helpful and check in/key collection was very straight forward. really looking forward to returning next year.

Liked best: location, apartment
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
28 Aug 2014
awww thanks Shona - so kind of you x love to you all and I loved your sons lovely picture on the blackboard he left behind. As you can see we are already booking up quickly for next year, mostly repeat guests like yourselves which is lovely. Speak soon
194SueG
Watchet, United Kingdom
“Wonderful views”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We had a great week at this apartment. Everything is just as described; well equipped and tastefully decorated with a nautical theme. The bed and the sofa bed are very comfortable. Jo and Steffan are very nice people who are always available for any query that you may have.
The apartment has a small balcony which is excellent for sitting out in the evenings, overlooking the marina( and the beautiful sunsets!)
The Main Street of Gibraltar and Casemates Square are just a short stroll away for shopping and dining out, or all the restaurants/ coffee shops, etc. in Ocean Village are right on your doorstep.
This is a great place to stay and I would have no hesitation in returning. Highly recommended.

Liked best: The views
Liked least: Liked everything
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing