US$220
US$199
US$193
Official website
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$225/night.

Caleta Hotel(Gibraltar)
US$145
US$132
US$234
US$152
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

US$118
  • Room Service
Bristol Hotel(Gibraltar)
US$110
US$92
Cancelon
  • Pool
Ohtels Campo de Gibraltar(La Linea de la Concepcion)
US$105
US$102
  • Pool
Hotel Miramar(La Linea de la Concepcion)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$61
  • Free Internet
Hostal La Campana(La Linea de la Concepcion)
US$70
US$63
AC Hotel La Linea(La Linea de la Concepcion)
US$113
US$94
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsshared facilitiesprices startbudget hoteldressing roomcooked breakfastsingle roomexploring gibraltarcomfy bedtea coffeeensuitecerealluxurykeyrenovation
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Just returned from a great break in Gibraltar. Thanks to the Cannon Hotel, our trip was wonderful. The staff, including Paul, Heidi, Sancha, Ryan, Henni and Madeleine were so friendly it was like staying with family.
The breakfast, which is a traditional British fry up, was excellent, as usual. This sort of food is mostly appreciated by us Brits, so if you are not used to fried egg, sausage (spicy and delicious), back bacon, baked beans, tomato, toast, orange juice and coffee, beware.
The room we stayed in was clean and had an on-suite bathroom. It was good. In answer to previous critics moans, there were NO COCKROACHES. Also, if you want a change of towels or sheets, why not talk to somebody. Many times I saw the owner of the Hotel cleaning and changing towels and sheets.
Just to finish off this Gettysburg Address. I have said it before and I will say it again loudly, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
In Gibraltar the hotel rates and property prices are becoming extortionate. Without wonderful Hotels like the Cannon, my wife and I could not afford to go there. Many Thanks Again to all staff at the Hotel. See you next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 108. Great view but with an open window, noisy seagulls.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeBaxter28
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Dilapidated, deplorable, dangerous and above all filthy.
Broken and loose safety banisters.
Cockroaches.
No change of towelling or bedding.
Left after 2 days, should have left immediately.
I could continue but I'm sure you will appriciate the tenet of my review.

Room Tip: Don't bother to spend your hard earnt money at this establishment.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 597Graham2000
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed at this hostel on the last night of a two week backpacking trip with my boyfriend. Over the two weeks we experienced a range of accomodation from 1 star hostels to 4 star luxury. This hostel was by far the worst accomodation of our holiday. I have read the other reviews and wonder whether we were unlucky and were given a particularly bad room (room 8). I was realistic so wasn't expecting air con, 100% cotton sheets, comfy bed or fluffy white towels but i could have done without the grim damp bathroom with cockroaches. The place is extremely tired and not very clean. We had the window open in our room to try and get rid of the stale damp smell but it didnt do much good. The breakfast was ok, apart from the mystery meat sausages and the location of the hostel is great but those are the only positives. I rarely complain but felt compelled to balance out some of the postive reviews. This is not the hidden gem your looking for!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BrightonLaura
Reviewed 23 May 2012

First of all please note that I'm giving the Cannon 5 stars NOT because it's a 5-star hotel, but because it is exactly as advertised, a good quality budget hotel at a VERY reasonable price. This is my 1st rating on Tripadvisor, but I think Cannon has got bad reviews from people who want luxury hotels but are not willing to pay the price.

I was staying in Cadiz with my wife's folks, and was flying my 81 yr old Mum into Gib from England, and decided to stay the night, so I needed 3 hotel rooms (my wife and I, her parents, and a room for my Mum and a friend). I have to admit after reading the reviews I was a little nervous about booking here. However, the price was right so I booked two "shared bathroom" doubles for 43 quid each (and they happened to share the same bathroom so not even a problem) and a double with own bathroom for 53 quid (the 3 rooms combined were significantly cheaper than a single room at the Rock!!). All 3 rooms were clean and comfortable, the bathrooms were clean, and the towels and linens fine. I know on some reviews people had complained about the breakfast - it consisted of 1egg/rasher/banger and beans with toast, cereal and coffee/tea/OJ also available. Maybe it wasn't big enough for some of the fat package tourists, but it was fine for all of us, especially considering it was included in the price of the room. The staff memner met (don't remember her name unfortunately) was very friendly and helpful.

To recap, a great value decent hotel with no pretentions, that is exactly as advertised. I would stay hear again without a second thought.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Dave451
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We read reviews of this place after booking it, so we were a little unsure how it would be, seeing as those reviews were rather mixed. However, I can say now that I completely agree with a previous reviewer who commented that some people complain far too much...(and obviously haven't stayed in really crap places in developing countries). Lets face it, this is a budget option. If you dont like budget hotels, don't go there. The Cannon is cheap, cheerful, clean and perfectly acceptable. The room was small, bed soft and the decor was nowt to write home about. But its welcoming (both female staff we encountered were really pleasant and helpful), we had a shared bathroom (but the ratio is about one bathroom to two bedrooms, so it was hardly a problem) and the place was clean. They provide a free breakfast (we slept late so missed it) but for 42 quid for a room and breakfast its a good deal. The hotel is small, three floors above a small bar/dining area.The woman on the bar told us that the bar is really only there for guests, the owner doesnt encourage outside customers (which seems a waste of possible custom, but there you go) so its a basically stocked bar and also fairly quiet, so no worries about noise at night. The hotel is just off Main St so right in the middle of the action. They happily looked after our bags for hours after we checked out and everything went smoothly. So overall, good budget choice. Go for room with shared bathroom if you want to save pennies.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple