US$220
US$199
US$193
Official website
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$225/night.

Caleta Hotel(Gibraltar)
US$145
US$132
US$234
US$152
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

US$118
  • Room Service
Bristol Hotel(Gibraltar)
US$110
US$92
Cancelon
  • Pool
Ohtels Campo de Gibraltar(La Linea de la Concepcion)
US$105
US$102
  • Pool
Hotel Miramar(La Linea de la Concepcion)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$61
  • Free Internet
Hostal La Campana(La Linea de la Concepcion)
US$70
US$63
AC Hotel La Linea(La Linea de la Concepcion)
US$113
US$94
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsshared facilitiesprices startbudget hoteldressing roomcooked breakfastsingle roomexploring gibraltarcomfy bedtea coffeeensuitecerealluxurykeyrenovation
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Believe it or not I went here for a short trip in Gibraltar and was sitting in the bar enjoying my beer watching the world go by and noticed the bar staff was mopping the floor and then mopped the worksurface where they prepare breakfast. Not too impressed with that!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank barnabyb
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I have had family stay at the Cannon Hotel a number of times over the years, and while it is basic, it does not try to pass itself of as anything more. The Cannon is a purse-friendly option for you, and I do not know many people that intend to spend their holidays in the hotel, opposed to out on the streets getting to know the area. If you choose to spend your time in the hotel, you wouldn't opt for the Cannon, but a more expensive hotel, like perhaps the Caleta Palace, which boast far more services.

As for the Cannon not being a good comparison to the budget hotels found in the UK; may I remind you that such hotels in the UK are part of a chain, and they are only able to offer such low prices because they have so many other branches to spread their costs. They are multi-million pound companies; the Cannon is an independent establishment. Also, what you consider to be a budget price in the UK, is very different to that in Gibraltar. I was born and raised in the UK, and many things in Gibraltar seem expensive to me, but locally they are considered cheap. The Cannon is one of them.

As for the cockroach found dead in a room, cockroaches do not signify dirt in the Med; they are everywhere, whether you keep a clean home or not. This is not the UK where they only hang out in disgusting kebab shops - here in Gibraltar, and elsewhere in Europe and in Africa, they are everywhere. They are what comes with a hot climate. The Cannon is largely an outside hotel; everything but the reception/bar, dining room, communal showers and bedrooms are external, therefore you should expect the odd cockroach to be around. Plus they are crazy at getting through tight spaces - trust me on that, so don't assume your room is dirty should you find one.

And yes, the streets of Gibraltar are noisy; that is what comes with having 30,000+ inhabitants, plus tourists on a tiny rock. The law states that people can make as much noise as they like until 11pm, and often people do. The Cannon is in the middle of town, so you will find you hear noise most of the evening, and osmetimes into the night aswell. Also mopeds are aplenty, so expect to hear them through the streets during the night. If you prefer not to hear such noise I recommend staying elsewhere in Gibraltar, and not in the city centre.

The Cannon is a low-cost, no-frills option for your trip. Do you really expect much for the price you pay? I can say, hand on heart, that I would not. Each and every time my family have stayed there while visiting, they have never disappointed. They have great staff that work hard to help you wherever possible, they are friendly and the hotel is always clean.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the street, and rooms away from the street. If you sleep lightly, ask for one away from the street to avoid the noise. Also, they give you the option of rooms with en suite, or communal bathrooms. First come, first served so book early if you prefer to have en suite. Communal bathrooms are still clean and tidy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank ERL_1984
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Just returned from a great break in Gibraltar. Thanks to the Cannon Hotel, our trip was wonderful. The staff, including Paul, Heidi, Sancha, Ryan, Henni and Madeleine were so friendly it was like staying with family.
The breakfast, which is a traditional British fry up, was excellent, as usual. This sort of food is mostly appreciated by us Brits, so if you are not used to fried egg, sausage (spicy and delicious), back bacon, baked beans, tomato, toast, orange juice and coffee, beware.
The room we stayed in was clean and had an on-suite bathroom. It was good. In answer to previous critics moans, there were NO COCKROACHES. Also, if you want a change of towels or sheets, why not talk to somebody. Many times I saw the owner of the Hotel cleaning and changing towels and sheets.
Just to finish off this Gettysburg Address. I have said it before and I will say it again loudly, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
In Gibraltar the hotel rates and property prices are becoming extortionate. Without wonderful Hotels like the Cannon, my wife and I could not afford to go there. Many Thanks Again to all staff at the Hotel. See you next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 108. Great view but with an open window, noisy seagulls.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeBaxter28
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Dilapidated, deplorable, dangerous and above all filthy.
Broken and loose safety banisters.
Cockroaches.
No change of towelling or bedding.
Left after 2 days, should have left immediately.
I could continue but I'm sure you will appriciate the tenet of my review.

Room Tip: Don't bother to spend your hard earnt money at this establishment.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 597Graham2000
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed at this hostel on the last night of a two week backpacking trip with my boyfriend. Over the two weeks we experienced a range of accomodation from 1 star hostels to 4 star luxury. This hostel was by far the worst accomodation of our holiday. I have read the other reviews and wonder whether we were unlucky and were given a particularly bad room (room 8). I was realistic so wasn't expecting air con, 100% cotton sheets, comfy bed or fluffy white towels but i could have done without the grim damp bathroom with cockroaches. The place is extremely tired and not very clean. We had the window open in our room to try and get rid of the stale damp smell but it didnt do much good. The breakfast was ok, apart from the mystery meat sausages and the location of the hostel is great but those are the only positives. I rarely complain but felt compelled to balance out some of the postive reviews. This is not the hidden gem your looking for!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple