US$234
US$211
US$138
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

Caleta Hotel(Gibraltar)
  • Room Service
US$190
Free cancellation until 03/08
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$260/night.

Ohtels Campo de Gibraltar(La Linea de la Concepcion)
US$155
US$150
Free cancellation until 04/08
  • Pool
Hotel Miramar(La Linea de la Concepcion)
US$61
Free cancellation until 03/08
  • Free Internet
Hostal La Campana(La Linea de la Concepcion)
US$106
US$63
AC Hotel La Linea(La Linea de la Concepcion)
US$120
US$104
AC Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewscontinental breakfast isgibraltar museumthe main streetbit datedbrilliant locationcable carshort breakcasemates squaretop of the rocktunnel
Reviewed 9 August 2012

First the good points: 1. Central Location, 2. Some staff quite helpful, 3. Lovely old building looking from the Outside!
Bad points: 1. Dark 1960's woodpanelled decor once you get through reception area. 2. Woodpannelling continues up the dark stairs and carpets are a tad old and worn. 3. Rooms are very tired and dark and must be difficult to keep clean as decor must be at least 50 years old. 4.I chose a more expensive outside room facing sea but Sun shines all day on it and room gets very hot. 5. Air conditioning unit is as much use as a chocolate fireguard. 6. Open the windows at night at your peril as noisy with traffic on main road and mosquitos enter the room and I sufferred bites.[a simple ceiling fan would prevent mosquitos] 6. No balcony. 7. No bar. 8. Vending machine, yes you've guessed it...out of order!
In conclusion, a lovely old building that just needs some investment to bring interior and rooms up to date and this would become a much in demand hotel. Untill then there is no way would I stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed for five nights recently and judging by the reviews I wasn't expecting much. The hotel was pretty much how I had imagined it would be.

The good points
It's near the centre of Gibraltar so you can walk to most places or it's a short taxi ride away. It cost £5 from the airport and £4.50 to ocean village.

It's relatively cheap for where it is.

It was clean.

Quite a nice pool, its small but in a nice relaxing area next to the bar and breakfast room.

Free wi fi in the lobby (although this wasn't advertised at all.)

The bad
It is very old fashioned, everything is swirly patterns, gold, red and wood. It needs doing up, there is no doubt about this but that is why it's cheap.

The staff were a mixed bag, some very friendly, some indifferent.

The parking is very limited, five or six spaces at most and you have to get a hotel permit before you can even attempt to park your car there. Even then you are not guaranteed a spot. There is free parking nearby though, just over the road and down some steps.

Breakfast was very very basic. Toast, croissants ( not freshly baked), cereal, very hard boiled eggs, ham and cheese. It's ok for a few days but gets repetitive. Breakfast open from 7.30 - 9.30. I'd have preferred it to have been open a bit longer personally.

Other info
You have to leave your key with reception whenever you go out of the hotel, including I the pool or to the breakfast room.

There are vending machines which sell a variety of drinks including beer. This is good when everything In Gibraltar is closed by 12!

There is a fridge and air con unit in the room.

If I'm honest I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RJPerrelli
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Me and my mate stayed in June, we first read the reviews here but they were honestly the opposite of what we read, the room was lovely. Very clean place, bathroom was just how I imagined, in fact far better than what I expected, very quite so there's no disturbance, the staff were wonderful and very friendly and the window view was excellent if I were to stay at any hotel in gib I would recommend the Bristol hotel and I will most definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Billy M
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The staff are not the least bit helpful, in fact they were bordering on the ignorant. On check out day they didn't even ask if we enjoyed the stay.
The decor needs a lot of updating, the wallpaper in our room was dirty and peeling. The furniture in the room was cheap chipboard. How do I know this? It was badly chipped and worn through to the base material.
The carpet was well worn, an attempt had been made to hide it behind the unit housing the refrigerator and air conditioning unit,
The air con was u/s, I dont think it had been charged with gas for a long time. All it did was rattle and circulate the warm air in the room.
If you book an outside room, make sure you get one at the front, ours overlooked a tatty yard and an alley.
The coridors are dark and dank, the lighting levels were inadequate.
The only"good" thing is the hotel is in the middle of town.
Unfortunately I am unable to upload the pictures of the room, But, believe me, I will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The hotel is right in the middle of town which means you can walk everywhere. I even walked from the airport in about 25 minutes.

My room was a good size but dated with a portable AC unit which wasn't adequate for part of Europe. The room was clean and the TV had a good sky subscription package. The public areas were nice and a bonus was the free wifi in the lobby.

The swimming pool is small but nice and great place to socialise with other guests. My only complaint would that they close the bar most of the afternoon when everyone is around the pool.

I would recommend to stay in this hotel for a trip to Gibraltar!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo