US$234
US$211
US$138
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

Caleta Hotel(Gibraltar)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$205
US$190
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$260/night.

Ohtels Campo de Gibraltar(La Linea de la Concepcion)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$155
US$150
  • Pool
Hotel Miramar(La Linea de la Concepcion)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$61
  • Free Internet
Hostal La Campana(La Linea de la Concepcion)
US$106
US$63
AC Hotel La Linea(La Linea de la Concepcion)
US$122
US$104
  • Pool
All reviewscontinental breakfast isgibraltar museumthe main streetbit datedbrilliant locationcable carshort breakcasemates squaretop of the rocktunnel
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I last stayed at the Bristol in 1992, the decor and general state of the rooms was bad then and it hasn't been updated in the mean time.

I booked a non smoking room but could not be allocated one on arrival and received no apology from the front desk. As I've mentioned the rooms haven't been updated since my last stay in 1992, and the 20 years of smoking within the room meant that it absolutely stank with no hope of freshing it up without gutting it. The TV in the room reminded me of the first colour portable I saved to buy as a teenager and proved to be useless if you turned on the decrepit portable air conditioning unit as you couldn't hear to TV over noise of the air con. The. bathroom, whilst clean, wouldn't have been out of place in a 1980's bedsit such was its ridiculously small size.

The whole hotel is dark and gloomy yet the lack of a credible air conditioning system means it is also uncomfortably hot and sticky. There is free wifi available in the lobby but think again if your after it in the rooms, when I asked the front desk about wifi in the rooms the frontdesk staff looked at me as if I was trying to convince them that the rock had fallen into the sea.

The only meal I eat in the hotel was breakfast and this was also somewhat diss appointing. Fresh coffee? No, instant only. Choice of cereal? Crunchy nut cornflakes, cornflakes or frosties. I suppose I should have been very grateful that you do now have a choice of white or brown bread and a selection of cheap fruit juices was available.

I would recommend The Bristol as one to be avoided.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Steven P
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Good value for money but needs a big update with the decoration. Breakfast was very nice as there is a choice of hot or cold along with troditional Gibraltarian food! Pool was great! :) wouldn't fault the facilties but only the decor!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2012

First the good points: 1. Central Location, 2. Some staff quite helpful, 3. Lovely old building looking from the Outside!
Bad points: 1. Dark 1960's woodpanelled decor once you get through reception area. 2. Woodpannelling continues up the dark stairs and carpets are a tad old and worn. 3. Rooms are very tired and dark and must be difficult to keep clean as decor must be at least 50 years old. 4.I chose a more expensive outside room facing sea but Sun shines all day on it and room gets very hot. 5. Air conditioning unit is as much use as a chocolate fireguard. 6. Open the windows at night at your peril as noisy with traffic on main road and mosquitos enter the room and I sufferred bites.[a simple ceiling fan would prevent mosquitos] 6. No balcony. 7. No bar. 8. Vending machine, yes you've guessed it...out of order!
In conclusion, a lovely old building that just needs some investment to bring interior and rooms up to date and this would become a much in demand hotel. Untill then there is no way would I stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed for five nights recently and judging by the reviews I wasn't expecting much. The hotel was pretty much how I had imagined it would be.

The good points
It's near the centre of Gibraltar so you can walk to most places or it's a short taxi ride away. It cost £5 from the airport and £4.50 to ocean village.

It's relatively cheap for where it is.

It was clean.

Quite a nice pool, its small but in a nice relaxing area next to the bar and breakfast room.

Free wi fi in the lobby (although this wasn't advertised at all.)

The bad
It is very old fashioned, everything is swirly patterns, gold, red and wood. It needs doing up, there is no doubt about this but that is why it's cheap.

The staff were a mixed bag, some very friendly, some indifferent.

The parking is very limited, five or six spaces at most and you have to get a hotel permit before you can even attempt to park your car there. Even then you are not guaranteed a spot. There is free parking nearby though, just over the road and down some steps.

Breakfast was very very basic. Toast, croissants ( not freshly baked), cereal, very hard boiled eggs, ham and cheese. It's ok for a few days but gets repetitive. Breakfast open from 7.30 - 9.30. I'd have preferred it to have been open a bit longer personally.

Other info
You have to leave your key with reception whenever you go out of the hotel, including I the pool or to the breakfast room.

There are vending machines which sell a variety of drinks including beer. This is good when everything In Gibraltar is closed by 12!

There is a fridge and air con unit in the room.

If I'm honest I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RJPerrelli
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Me and my mate stayed in June, we first read the reviews here but they were honestly the opposite of what we read, the room was lovely. Very clean place, bathroom was just how I imagined, in fact far better than what I expected, very quite so there's no disturbance, the staff were wonderful and very friendly and the window view was excellent if I were to stay at any hotel in gib I would recommend the Bristol hotel and I will most definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends