“Lovely food and service”
Review of Cafe Rojo

Cafe Rojo
Ranked #4 of 211 Restaurants in Gibraltar
Price range: US$31 - US$41
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We visited this restaurant and had a really lovely meal. It was a quiet evening, but we had a lovely dinner served by a very friendly waitress. A must to visit in Irish Town, just down from the main street.

1  Thank Jenny T

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

My husband took me to Cafè Rojo as it was recommended by friend and it didn’t disappoint at all. The staff were lovely and very helpful. The specials had a range for everyone. We had soup and Patti to start. I had beef strips in a honey and chilli sauce on top of a salad was beautiful!!! My husband had prawn chicken and chorizo with Tagliatelle in a sauce! He really liked it!!

The red house wine was lovely and costs £3.50 (not a small size at all!) per glass. I had a cava (again a large glass) and that costs £4.50 per glass.

It was clean, modern and the staff were lovely! Definitely going back!!

(P.S make sure you have the chocolate cheesecake with pistachio nuts!!!! Perfect for sharing!!)

2  Thank Spam84
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Found this little gem on tripadvisor so glad we did, friendly staff fantastic food. Hubby had pate to start I had goats cheese - delicious, mains were equally good. Definitely recommend

2  Thank SueS_H2014
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Went to Cafe Rojo for the first time. Lovely restaurant, good menu, delicious food & friendly staff. Can highly recommend the salted caramel cheesecake. Will defiantly be back.

2  Thank Mel G
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

You'd think that in a packed restaurant on a Friday night, service might suffer. This couldn't be further from the truth here. The kitchen and staff know perfectly well how to accommodate a full restaurant without sacrificing quality. The pate starter is one of my favourites here and I was not disappointed this time round either. After having tried a lot of main dishes in the past I dared to go for a "special" of chicken with pineapple and cream sauce. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. I'm not normally a fan of pineapple but something told me to try it and boy was it good! The chicken was tender and juicy and the sauce was sweet. I'd have it again if it ever features in the specials in future. Unfortunately I was too full by this point to have dessert :(. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Stephanie P