AC Hotel La Rioja
US$82
NH Logrono(Logrono)(Great Value!)
US$70
  • Bar/Lounge
Hostel Entresuenos Logrono(Logrono)(Great Value!)
US$67
F&G Logrono(Logrono)(Great Value!)
US$61
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsla riojaturn rightfront desk staffminute walk to the old townexcellent hoteltop qualitymodern roomsfree parkingsan juancold meatstrain stationgood sizestayed here for one nightcalle laurelmarriottspaincar
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I was at this Hotel for just one night in late September on a work trip.The receptionist was very helpful,making several local 'phone calls for me.The room was modern and clean with a comfortable king bed.Complimentary hot and cold drinks.
I used the hotel restaurant for my evening meal and chose the set meal for 22 euros.
There were good choices for the three courses and coffee and a half bottle of the local (very good) Rioja wine included.I was given a small tapas for the few minutes I waited for my starter,which was an unusual cold asparagus,cream cheese and elver dish.I chose Fish for the main course and cheesecake for pud.
It was good value.The breakfast was continental with the usual cheese and meats,breads,cakes and fruit.
I had to wait in the lobby for my lift in the morning,very pleasant decor and furnishing with free internet access.
Unfortunatley I didn't get a chance to explore, but the journey to and from Bilbao airport was through beautiful scenery.I will definately go back,and to this splendid Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2012

The hotel is not within short walking distance of anything other than the Paza del Toros but it is clean, service was good and there are some nice guest features such as a free coffee and refreshment station during the day. The room was fine but bathroom a little tired.

Room Tip: Probably better to be found in the capital of Rioja.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Not having taken a drink at the bar I cannot comment on the rather funny stuff I read from other contributors (no glasses in the bar!...). What I can say through is that we were welcomed most friendly, had our rooms adjacent as asked, though we checked in quite late, and they were clean. The beds didn't look very topclass but were of the best we slept in in Spain during our holidays. The breakfast was copious. The rooms had minibars with free softdrinks, which is a treat, as in general you'll have a hard time finding fridges in Spanish 4*s, let alone filled with free drinks. Didn't have lunch nor dinner in the hotel as the city of Logroño really is filled to the brim with restaurants and tapas bars. By the way, it is indeed a city without top attractions, but it has a great atmosphere (take a tapas in the Calle del Laurel or the passage of the Elephants, where locals tend to hobble after too many cheap but delicious Rioja Alavese...). From the hotel to the city centre you walk at least 15', so a car is no luxury here. If you'd go for the swimming pool, then you should now it is in a dimly lit basement and really cold (which was fine as it was blazing hot outside). Come to think about it, those two last points were the only negative points I can come up with (suburbian location and icy swimmingpool). The price we paid made certainly up for that. Recommended

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We originally planned to stay here 5 nights, but having been here 1 day changed it to 3 nights - like many others have reported the hotel is very nice and modern, free soft drinks in your room daily and also nibbles and coffee for free in the bar area. but like many others there is never anybody serving in the bar. Very friendly hotel but the town has nothing other than a 1 day 1 night maximum attention level, but if you enjoy your wine, then you need to visit a number of the Bodega.

The set meal for just 22 euro all in at the hotel was unbelievable value, that includes a bottle of wine, bottled water, coffee and 3 courses of individually cooked food, very good standard. Also an aperitif and chocolate at the end on top, highly recommend.

All in all great for 1-2 nights on your way to and from somewhere else, but would hesitate to stay longer

Room Tip: As somebody else said some rooms are by the road and you can hear the traffic
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way through Spain.
The receptionist spoke good English which helped because our Spanish is fairly minimal.
Our room was very nice indeed and we looked forward to a drink in the bar before eating at their restaurant. This is when things went pear-shaped.
The bar was unstaffed and I had to get the receptionist to phone for someone. Eventually (after several other potential customers had waited for a while and then given up) a barman arrived. He didn't seem to know what wines were available by the glass and had difficulty locating the wine list (which I asked for in Spanish) but the worst was yet to come.. he didn't know where the glasses were! A bar with no glasses... in a four star hotel??!! He then disappeared and then reappeared with a bottle of red wine - I'd asked for 'vina blanco' - we gave up!
We also thought 'If this is the standard of the bar service, what on earth would the restaurant service be like?' We ate out - Chinese - because we couldn't find a decent reataurant anywhere in the nearby town. It was all bars or cafes.
At least we had a decent night's sleep.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple