“Logrono restaurant La Rioja Region”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Asador El Muro SC.

Asador El Muro SC.
Ranked #104 of 390 Restaurants in Logrono
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Logrono restaurant La Rioja Region”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a restaurant instead of a tapas bar.glad I choose El Muro,in calle Laurel,in Barrio Viejo.menus are in Spanish/French/English.it was half full with the owner Luis doing everything.a great tasting menu .i let Luis chose the wine to accompany meal.had a bean soup with patatas & spicy chorizo-delicious.had unique ice cold black bottle of mineral water.then had Monkfish with clams ,prawns in a sauce-delicious.finally just had to have ice cream(strawberry/vanilla/chocolate)-with cream-divine.an American group had cuttlefish in own black ink.Luis looks after his guests well.friendly with good recommendations.& enjoys talking with guests.a truly enjoyable experience to La Rioja Region-food & wine.
A true gem.highly recommended ,in a relaxing atmosphere.compliments to the chefs & owner.

• Visited April 2013

Calgary
“Simply the best meal of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

El Muro was an accidental discovery, Logorono is justifiably famous for tapas but El Muro is an incredible sit down dining experience in the heart of the old city on the walking street Calle Laurel. We chose to stop here after trying to find a restaurant instead of a tapa bar, we had a recommendation for another sit down restaurant but the owner Luis was engaging and friendly despite the language barrier and menus in English we were sold.

Luis made sure that we were comfortable then brought around some wine for sampling, this led to a quick visit to the wine cellar for show and tell when it became obvious we knew nothing of wine. From the visit I learned there are different wines for the dishes and it was obvious that Luis would not let us choose the wrong one. When we returned to the table we both selected the suckling pig with potatoes for supper, I ordered an appetizer I can best describe as a vegetable curry and my wife choose a potato with sauce to start. With help a bottle of Melquior, a local red was chosen as the correct wine.

My appetizer was a mildly spicy flavorful mix of local vegetable cooked very soft and mixed together served hot, a basket of fresh bread, both my wife and I though it delicious. My wife's potato starter was less spiced but no less excellent.

The suckling pig main course was a work of art, perfectly cooked along with scalloped hand cut potatoes with a cheesy crust. The pig had a firm slightly crunchy skin that Luis took pride in showing us with a tap of a fork. It was hot, slightly sweet and it melted in my mouth, I have never had a tastier pig.

Luis insisted on dessert even though we were both stuffed, but as he hadn't proved wrong we agreed and left the choice to him. This resulted in a new wine and the best apple tart I've ever had, warm served with whipped cream and perfectly complimented with the wine. The apples were hot and just firm enough but still melted in my mouth, this was all wrapped in the sweetest filo pastry I've tried.

This was not an inexpensive meal, with everything we paid almost 80 euros but considering the the prices in Europe a simple breakfast at a corner cafe will cost about 12 Euros I think the food and service was easily worth the price.

This was a 2 hour dinner that didn't seem long, in fact we were reluctant to leave, my final thoughts on El Muro are simple.

It was a wonderful experience where we felt like family, true care and concern showed plainly along with pride at our satisfaction in an incredible meal.

• Visited December 2012