“Very busy restaurant that serves great food”
Review of Alfredo's Barbacoa

Alfredo's Barbacoa
Ranked #983 of 10,690 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$16 - US$31
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Barrio de Salamanca
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Very busy restaurant that serves great food”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We decided to try this place after reading the reviews and weren't disappointed.
We had read that you need to make a reservation but we just showed up 10 minutes after they opened and we managed to get a table and the place was already half full!
The staff didn't speak great English and we were asked around 3 times by different members of staff for our drink & dessert orders as there seemed little communication between the staff but I suppose this is better than being ignored!
This isn't a classy place but It's good food, 2 of our party had burgers and were very impressed and I ordered the sirloin Steak, The steak was a bit fatty which I don't personally mind but it tasted fantastic - one slight grumble is the steak didn't come with chips and this wasn't pointed out until my food arrived! - to be fair to them they did bring the chips out within a couple of minutes of me requesting them though.
The place was rammed by the time we left with people waiting for tables (I presumed they hadn't made reservations)
We will be going back (might try the restaurant near the Bernabeu next time)

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank farmer1874

Madrid, Spain
“The best burguer in Madrid”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Alfredos offer the bes burguer in Madrid. Reservation must be done in advanced or you can not find a seat. The

Visited January 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
“Not bad but it doesn't live up to the hype”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I went there on a Friday at 2pm and I got a table by pure luck; I was ready to eat at the counter already. They were pushing clients to 4pm! The burger was nice but not extraordinary. The meat had some nerves which I found unusual in a burger. The fries were so-so and the presentation of the dish could be a lot better. The place is small and the hype is big so try to make a reservation. My overall feeling was that it doesn't live up to the hype though the burgers are not bad.

• Visited November 2012
“American style burger”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Excellent juicy burgers, exactly like how it's done in the states. A must-go-to place if you're a burger lover.

Visited September 2011
Madrid, Spain
“THE AMERICAN HAMBURGUER”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Authentic american hamburguers. The place to visit if you want to taste the real thing. Country music and relaxed atmosphere.

Visited April 2012