“Great restaurant, very well priced”
Review of Cubik - CLOSED

Cubik
Price range: US$26 - US$33
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is one of the best meals in Madrid in this price range. (Fixed menus from 12-19 Euros). It's a 2 minute walk from Puerta del Sol, tucked away in a quiet, unnoticeable street (Calle de la Aduana). Ideal for groups and families, fun, modern, hip atmosphere with creative cuisine mostly with Latin American influences.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I have to say this has to have been one of the very best meals I have had in Madrid.

The service was fantastic and the food was brilliant.

We went at lunchtime and if you eat a little earlier then they have a fantastic deal on! The lunchtime menu is usually11€ for 3 courses including bread and a drink a bargain at that price - however if you go between 1 - 1.30 it is 2 for 1.

We had some wonderful food, and extra couple of drinks and left a tip all for 15€. I couldn't believe it, even without the offer it's staill a bargain - what's more the meal was so very tasty, I had rock salmon to start with followed by a really super pork dish topped off with a lemon sorbet ice cream!

I have marked this one firmly in my travel guide. My only disappointment is that I have now been to Madrid 16 times and I've only just found this place :-)

Reviewed 21 February 2013

my wife and i ate here in feb 2013, it was just across from the maria elana palace hotel where we were staying. Contrary to some of the other reviews here we found the food to be very good. I had spinach salad with melon starter which was superb, juicy melon and crisp spinach leaves and an interesting foam dressing with walnuts. We shared a plate of pork ribs which we really tasty. Not too oily, which is a problem with other Madrid restaurants. Only bare bones left. Chocolate mouse desert was fine and I had a couple of glasses of a really nice ribera del duro. We sat around 9pm and by 10pm the place was packed. Service was great and good value.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Ingredients are not up to expectations on a quality restaurant like this. But very original menu. To conclude, restaurant a bit disappointing but not bad.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I was immediately very impressed with this restaurant as it was in a great location, a pleasant ambience, modern decor and very friendly staff as they were very attentive. The food came very quick, however personally I found that the food was of poor quality, quite strange and could possibly of been microwaved.

Possibly I just had a bad experience or ordered the wrong thing but I will not be returning.