“Tasty”

Cuisines: Irish, Spanish, International, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barrio de Salamanca
Description: We are an Irish-owned and run pub located in central Madrid, a stone's throw away from Plaza de las Cibeles. We serve food all day, show live sports, including, rugby, soccer, american football, tennis and golf, as well as having live music. We have an outdoor terrace throughout the year. Our bartenders speak several languages, including English, Spanish, Italian and French. We have a langauge exchange, for those who want to practice their Spanish or English, on Monday evenings from 8.30pm. We also have a private room for parties and celebrations. We hope you can come by to experience a little bit of Ireland in Spain!
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Me & my wife had the vegetarian lasagna. Was really tasty & large portion sizes. If you order chips,one portion is sufficient for two people.

4  Thank griffax

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I visited James Joyce for a drink and to watch the world cup football (quarterfinal games) and I was glad I chose this place!

The place was crowded and a great atmosphere to watch football with many other alike fans. The bartenders were very friendly and prompt in service despite the crowd and it is definitely a great place to watch your favourite sports and enjoy a drink!

4  Thank chdohqtr
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We hadn't intended to eat here, however seeing the food being brought out, we decided to eat, we both had a club sandwich which was excellent. We were served by 3 different members of staff during our 4 hour stay (we watched the Argentina v Belgium world cup match) all 3 were very friendly, special mention to the English guy from Cornwall, really friendly and even had a brief chat despite being busy when Brother asked about the wheat beer.

3  Thank 009140
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Wached England play (and lose) v Uraguay, ha, Suarez, wonder what happened to him ! Great atmoshere in this place, I didn't eat, but like the menu and will try it out next time... Only gripe was they had no Southern Comfort

1  Thank tradervic1966
Matthew L, Owner at James Joyce Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear tradervic,

Thanks for your recent support of our pub and your generous comments. I've taken your grip about the Southern Comfort on board, so when you are next over... I hope you enjoyed Madrid and if you are over again, perhaps during the RWC, I'm sure you will have cause to celebrate.

Thanks again. Matt

Reviewed 21 June 2014

On a very hot day in Madrid we found James Joyce Irish pub. Sat outside under the shelter of roadside trees I was in need of a pint and a snack. The waiter spoke perfect English and brought me one of the finest pints outside of Ireland. I had a regular burger with a massive chunk of cheddar cheese on and my wife had a club sandwich both came with salad and chips and both were really tasty. The bill including two rounds of drinks came to €30 good value and good all round experience.

3  Thank Brian F