“Conveniently close to our hotel, not a great restaurant in my opinion”
Review of La Farola

La Farola
Ranked #8,460 of 11,432 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Neighbourhood: Centro
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I went to this restaurant hoping to get a reasonable paella. The service was good and the food came fast. We did not have any problem with seating charges, but I speak Spanish and maybe that helped. Their individual paella was a mix of sea food and meat. The portion was fine, but I don’t believe this was the best paella I could find. A lot of rice and not really enough meat or sea food. Olives and two small pieces of bread and a tiny soft drink completed the meal for a total 14 euros. I know this area of Madrid is touristy and more expensive, but I still think this meal was not worth 14 euros. I would not eat paella here again. Instead I would keep enjoying the great Serrano ham sandwhiches you can buy in a number of places in the area for less than 4 euros. Subway is another good option considering their drinks are all you can drink.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We came there 30mn ago.
Waiters looked at us with a inconvénient smile. We ask for typical ham named "serrano".
Because i m french and living In south West of France, I do know what is real serrano ham. And it was not serrano. Even In low cost supermarket a pièce of ham would be better !!!!
Please do not go there ! There are so Many bars and restaurant In Madrid that it will be easy to fînd better foods...
I m thinking about contact tourism agency of Madrid and telle them that la farola stole tourist . Besides that thé menu is poor and overpriced. Have a glance at thé kitchen : it is so poor ....

It is not nécessairy to talk about WC that are not clean as thé kitchen seems to be....

Reviewed 19 October 2012

The restaurant was a total ripoff with smiling face luring you in. Very very poor quality food. The con men charged us 4 euro seating charge for sitting in the back part of the restaurant, 4 euro for 2 bottle water and awful food. The seafood paella was disgusting and the dish they recommended was even worse. There were 2 finger nail size pieces of old pork and some beans which they charged for 10 euro. The seafood in the paella was so small, you barely could taste them. We felt so disgusted. After spending 30 euros on those awful food, we felt so cheated. The crooks probably laughed all the way to the bank. Don't go, just do not go there. Not even too close.How dare they charge seating charge! During our whole trip in Spain, nobody charged us any seating charge even in fancy nice restaurant. This one is a low life place.

1  Thank Daili M
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The tapas (portions of traditional Spanish food served in small quantities) are good and at reasonable prices. The wine is fine, too. The waiters are better than the average for Madrid standards (which are not very high). I would suggest to stay at the bar and go for the more traditional, simpler choices of tapas accompanied by traditional Spanish wines.

Reviewed 23 June 2010

We went here our second night in Madrid because we were exhausted and it was very close to the apartment we were renting. There was one review on Trip Advisor and it was good. Don't know why - they must have found a different place. We were pushed to order the most expensive things on the menu. We resisted, and got very little for our money. We ordered the langostinos in garlic and the trout. Absolutely nothing came with them - we just got a plate with a fish and a plate with about 10 shrimp, still in their shells with heads on - how could any garlic get through all that? Expensive for what you got (or didn't get). Rude, abrupt service. Very disappointing. Our worst meal in Madrid.