Las Musas hostel in Madrid is great. We spent 4 nights there with my friend. First, all the positive facts about our trip:
1) The guys at the reception are very friendly and funny, gave all the necessary information and answered all the questions that we had. Helped us as much as they could with our booking problem/mistake.
2) There are various activities organized at the hostel and together with other hostels. Free walking tour every day, tours to other cities and different get-togethers every evening.
3) We took part in the free walking tour. Guide Erica did a great job! It was funny, just enough amount of historical facts, not too long and she showed a very nice cheap restaurant with traditional food at the end of the tour.
4) We went to Toledo, beautiful old historical city. Definitely worth visiting. That’s a good idea to offer such trips at the hostel.
5) We went to Flamenco at Las Carboneras. It is also a special offer from the hostel. Just 18€ and it was an amazing show!
6) All in all, the hostel is clean, quiet, and right in the center. We could walk to all the bars, restaurants, and sightseeing places. It is also very easy to get there by metro; the station is just 2 minutes walking.
7) There is coffee, tea and milk offered for breakfast at the lobby. So it was also very comfortable to have breakfast there every morning.
And last but not least, the negative part. There has been a mistake or a problem with our booking. We booked 2 beds in a 4-bed room for 4 nights. It was also stated in our booking confirmation. However, it showed totally different information in the booking system at the hostel. It showed that we had 2 beds in a 8-bed room. Luckily, boys at the reception gave us 4-bed room (only girls) for 3 nights and last night we had to sleep in the 8-bed room (mixed one). We did not have to pay anything extra. As far as I am concerned another couple from Germany had the same problem that day. I don’t know if it was a problem of the booking.com website or the booking system of the hostel. But it was the only tiny thing that spoiled just a little bit our vacation in Madrid.
Thank you for the hospitality, Las Musas hostel and it’s crew!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Musas Hostel is located in the popular neighborhood of Tirso de Molina, right in the heart of the city of Madrid. We are just a 10 minute walk from the main art museums such as Prado Museum, Reina Sofia, Thyssen, Caixa Forum, and traditional markets like El Rastro and San Miguel. La Puerta Del Sol and the amazing night life are both just 5 minutes away. We offer a wide variety of activities such as a Walking Tour, Bike Tour, Tapas Experience, Pub Crawls Drinking Games (Free Sangria) and Flamenco shows. We also organize Paella Nights at the hostel on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday nights so our guests can try this delicious and typical Spanish dish. Breakfast not included but we offer FREE Coffee, Tea, Milk, Hot Chocolate, Honey and Churros, from 8 to 10 am. Don't miss our day trips to Toledo, Segovia, El Escorial y Aranjuez from Las Musas Hostel... We take you and pick you up, you just relax and enjoy !Come and visit us! Please note that we only accept guests between 18 and 40 years of age. We cannot accept groups of more than 8 people. Bookings for more than 8 people will be automatically cancelled without a refund of the deposit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, HostelWorld, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Las Musas Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Musas Residence Hotel Madrid