“safe and convenient location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Piamonte Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madrid
Piamonte Apartments
Ranked #200 of 407 Speciality Lodging in Madrid
Singapore, Singapore
“safe and convenient location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

i recommend this place because the neighbourhood is safe, accessible and interesting. the metro station is just 5 min walk away, there are plenty of food and drink places and many interesting shops. slight problem is that the bedrooms are up a flight of stairs within the duplex apartment unit.

• Stayed December 2012

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Firstly, the location is fantastic, just 1 metro stop or 15mins walk from Gran Via and main tourist spots, I couldn't find a better apartment for this value with a location like this.

The apartments themselves are clean, spacious, comfortable and modern. A problem is the layout of the building itself, whereby the apartments are mixed with full-time residents around a narrow courtyard, maximising echoes and noise at night. We were there for a lads weekend so it didn't really bother us, but might others.

My only problem was with the service. Check-in was quick once we eventually found the door (no signs) and got let in by a resident, however we had pre-paid so there wasn't much to do. One of the staff wouldn't get off her mobile phone so we had to wait at the door then they didn't offer much insight or advice into the city and didn't even have maps for us to borrow. The more questions you ask, the less interested they seemed. However, as this is an apartment complex, I can see how their job is merely to issue keys and not offer any concierge services (eg. we couldn't store our bags for the day on the day of checkout).

My advice would be to pay the 4 euros a day for the wireless and do the research yourself if you have a laptop.

I would still probably stay here again now that I know the city and I know how good the location is for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment on the top floor to minimise noise
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. We traveled with a 1 year old and a 3 year old and four adults. The place was very clean and in a great location. The only thing that I would make you aware if you have a crawling baby is that upstairs in the bedrooms there is a walkway that isn't supported on each side very well so when my baby slept w us in the bed and not in the cot for one night he crawled off bed and in my horror I thought he may have crawled through the barrier of the walkway and fallen to the level below. We should have left him in the babycot. Otherwise I and my family had a very pleasant stay at the staff were very accommodating.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Marisa777
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed at the Piamonte Apartments for a weekend sightseeing in March. The complex is easy to find and within walking distance to all the sights Madrid has to offer.
The apartment was modern and clean and we had no problems during our stay. Would recommend to anyone who is travelling to Madrid!!
Supermarket right at the end of the road... Great for people on a budget!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Excellent apartments in the center of Madrid. There is a kitchen, big refrigerator,
washing machine. Very conveniently for families with children. Quiet place. There is a supermarket near the apartments. Next to the apartments there are many bars.

Minuses – There were problems with the reservation at check in.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank vkovr
Gran Alacant, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

The flats are clean, basic and quite centrally located in Madrid town Centre. Chueca is a very nice place, full of restaurants and bars. Very lively at night. We stayed on the groung floor on flat BI, next to their office and when we try to open the sofa- bed it was broken. My daugthers had to sleep on the floor. Next morning , I told the cleaning ladies and the were like Oh Oh!. Instead of offering and apology.
We spend another night on flat 2B wich was much better, with small balconies and everything was perfect.
Later on I got and Email from Fernando, (the manager) , charging me 35€ for the repair of the sofa- bed. I just could not believed that they were blaming me. He said he trusted his cleaning ladies (obviously) and he thought it was fair.
This is my one and only try at any apartments, next time will get a nice hotel where you got rights and if there is a problem they will solve it and not treat you like the suspect!!!!

Room Tip: Go for 3th floor or 2 floor. Avoid ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank luchiben
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We stayed in the Piamonte Apts. in July 2011. Loved the location, Chueca is great. It is the gay section of Madrid and it is full of restaurants and nightlife. The streets were full at 2am on a Tuesday which is what I love about Spain. The apartments were very roomy for my family of 4, especially with 2 teen boys who wanted their own space. It was very clean and had everything we needed for our stay. The futons were very comfortable. Loved the upstairs/downstairs configuration. The Chueca station is close by. Visiting the new Mercado de San Anton is a must for foodies. Awesome and around the corner. Markets very close by as well for groceries. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family