“Good place for visit the city”

Suites Kris Aeropuerto
Ranked #383 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Campina,Romania
“Good place for visit the city”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed in july 2010 in this hotel for 4 nights.The purpose was to visit Madrid.It was a good experience because we were with friends and we enjoyed the whole 5 days.
Plus:good hotel with 2 rooms appartments ,dishwasher,laundry washing machine,terrace,bar open till night,good connection with city center,quiet neighborhood,free parking,supermarket near by, free shuttle to the airport, good value for money
Minus:no plates and cutlery,20 min to town by bus and metro.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eduard1970

Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I stayed in this place when I got stuck in Madrid because of the ash cloud and because my other hotel (Axxor Barajas) could no longer accommodate me. The price was about the same, but the difference immense. The apartment was cold, wind was howling trough. There was a fully equipped kitchen yet no plates and cutlery. The bed was not comfortable. Breakfast felt like I was in a gymnasium. No fresh coffee, cold atmosphere, average quality.

Internet connection in the hotel kept dropping. Reception was also not overly welcoming.

I ran out and looked for a new hotel the next day.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We spent 2 nights at the hotel at the beginning and end of a 2 week trip to Spain.
It was very convenient and very good value for money.
The one problem with the hotel was the difficulty navigating, with strange turns and junctions on very busy roads. We solved the problem by paying a taxi to fllow them to the hotel once we knew we were near by. So- if you have no satellite navigation equipment... do not be brave- pay and follow a taxi.
We were very pleased with our choice.
Large, pleasant rooms, reasonable breakfast and late night snack/bar area.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I stayed here twice (2 nights, then 1 night, two weeks later). I really didn't find anything negative. In fact, one early morning at 0230, I went down to the front desk to complain about my neighbours being a little too talkative and they sent security up immediately to tell them to shut up. This is basically a businessman's hotel with underground parking. They have small suites with a fully equipped kitchen, clothes washer, dish washer and flat screen TV (no English stations). The wifi is very fast and the breakfast buffet is above average. There is absolutely NO english language information in the hotel (when are the Europeans ever going to smarten up and realize tourists patronize places where they feel even a little at ease). For shopping, there's a Carrefour hypermarket and a Mercadonna store 1 block west in a very large plaza.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank KentuckyColonel
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in November 2010. We stayed there for one night because it was close to the airport and offered free shuttle service. The price was also good for a suite. There is free breakfast included. There is lots of food in the buffet, but there are lots of people also since it is a big hotel so you have to be mindful of them. The food was fine, no complaints. Different choices so easy to find something to eat.

There is a kitchen, a living room, a bathroom, and a bedroom in the room. It's pretty nice when you look at it and everything is clean. The furnishings are nice in the kitchen and living room. However, the bed is not very comfortable. It was a bit small for my husband and myself. The mattress was also very cheap quality and uncomfortable. I actually had a nightmare the one night we were there, and although it is not the hotel's fault, since I remember that night I can't rate the sleep quality as very good.

It's location is in a neighborhood. You can walk to a bus stop down the road to take the train into Madrid. But I would only recommend you do this if you have a lot of time. We arrived in the afternoon and thought we'd spend half a day there in middle of the city, but the bus took awhile and then so did the train when we got to it. It took us almost an hour to get into center city. We spent a few hours there, but found it hard to find places to eat near the big library, and ended up finally walking all the way to Plaza Mayor. After the anti-climactic visit, we returned to the hotel very late. I don't recommend walking around in the neighborhood at night. Although it is not in a bad area, it just didn't feel comfortable at night. Though the hotel area is completely safe inside.

There is a mall nearby that you can walk to - we did that in the morning and I enjoyed looking at the shops and grabbing a quick bite there before we left Madrid.

Overall, it was a suitable place to stay for one night. If I were to stay longer than one night in Madrid though, I would probably choose another location closer to some of the sights.

We did not have any trouble with the service - the front desk even held our bags for us since we had to wait awhile after check-out to leave for our flight.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank constructiveadvice
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Had a short stop over at madrid airport and decided to try this hotel - mistake!!
Arrived in Madrid at 10pm and had to wait 50 mins for the shuttle bus. Rang the hotel only to be told it was nearly there - but it wasn't.
Arrived at hotel eventually and queued to check in. The surly receptionist asked to see my daughters passport and told us that as she was 13 (it was her bithday the day before) we would have to pay for her to be in our room. When we booked we were not told this so refused to pay. After much messing around she reluctantly agreed to waiver the charge but was obviously not happy. By this time there was a large queue behind us so it was all a bit embarissing to say the least.
Eventually got to the 'suite' and it was horrid. Basic with paper thin walls, it just looked awful. The kitchen didnt have a single plate, cup, or glass - whats the point in having a kitchen ! Bedroom was small with a teeny window and the most vile bed I have slept on in a while. Limp and lumply pillow which didnt smell very clean and the bedding consisted of a sheet and a horrid manky looking blanket with a thin and unattractive cover on top. My daughters bed was shoved up a corner in the lounge and was equally horrrid. Would have complained but by this time we only had about 5 hours to get some sleep so decided to get on with it. However next doors TV could be heard through the walls and ny husband and I were constanly itching - maybe the blankets?? Ended up hardly sleeping. I am not a constant complainer, if you look at my other reviews you will see that but I would say only go to this hotel if there are no other options, we hated it and it spoilt the end of our holiday. Only paid 60 euro but dont think it was even worth that. Stay away, much nicer options nearby

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Estepona, Malaga
Reviewed 9 February 2011

This is a 3* hotel, so we expected 'average'
We were pleasantly surprised as we booked one of their suites for 3 people
(me, wife, grown-up duaghter) expecting a 1 bed unit with sofabed. They gave us Room 316. Imagine our surprise when we saw it was a 2 bed; 2 bath; lounge & kitchen with machines.
Unfortunately, besides cupboards, there was nothing else. No crockery/cutlery/glassware/
kettle/toaster. You get the idea. There is no room service, but the bar/cafe is open until 3pm and they were o.k. for me to take tea/coffee/food to the suite. They have the worst pillows I have ever tried (unsucessfully) to sleep on. No information book in the room and only Spanish TV. In conclusion, if you brought your own pillows (or used their very squashy ones) and didn't need to use the kitchen, this is a good place to stay, especially overnight if you flying the next morning.

• Stayed February 2011