“Excellent In-Transit Hotel”

Ranked #77 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent In-Transit Hotel”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

A friend and I stayed overnight at the Maydrit recently. We chose it because of the airport shuttle service they offer and a very good price.
We were pleasantly surprised by our room, which was large, modern, and very well decorated. The beds were very comfortable, with high quality linens. All the lighting could be controlled at your bedside, and there was a well stocked mini-fridge as well.
The amenities included bathrobes, slippers, lovely towels, and Hermes toiletries, and the bathroom was large, clean and well appointed, including beautiful glass double sinks, and a very large shower.
We only had a very quick continental breakfast in the morning, so can't comment on the restaurant or food.
The shuttle in the morning took only 10 minutes to Terminal 2 at the Airport. Be aware the area around the Hotel appears to be largely residential, so there are not a lot of shops or restaurants near-by, though there are a couple.
My only complaint would be that the hotel did not respond to my emails of enquiry, sent a few days before our arrival. When I mentioned this, I was advised they did not receive them, although I had used the same email I used to book the Hotel in the first place. When I checked out, I heard a similar complaint from another guest.
Still, we found the hotel to be excellent value for the money and a very pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bonnie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Mission Beach
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The hotel was fantastic, Very regular shuttle service to and from the airport and only 20 minutes by metro to the centre of the city. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable and a fantastic buffet breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are in transit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very close to airport - the hotel offers a free 24hr (on-time !) shuttle service, runs every 1/2 hr. Clean, comfortable room. Close to metro station El Capricho - line 5, only a 5 min walk.
Rather far from the city centre - but still easy to access by metro. So it's a choice you need to make yourself: either very close to the airport, but further from the city centre (or the opposite).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank somanynicetrips
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here one night before flying back to the States. I chose this hotel for the free airport shuttle and the modern decor. I read guests need to schedule an airport shuttle ahead of time, so the day before I was due to check in, I submitted an email through their website. I didn't hear anything back so the following day, I submitted another email through their website. Still no response. I decided I would just take a cab to the hotel, but then the cab driver told me Maydrit has a shuttle so I should wait across the street in the designated area. As soon as I got curbside, I saw one of their shuttles and tried to wave him down, but had no luck. The driver didn't event pause at the hotel shuttle stop. I decided to wait in case someone at the hotel did see my email, but just forgot to answer me. After 45-minutes, I gave up and took a cab to the hotel. I told Luis at the front desk my frustration with having no shutttle and he was rude about it. No apology, but instead he acted as if it was my fault for not calling. I didn't call because I didn't want to leave the shuttle area and miss a shuttle. Then, he asks me if I want a shuttle for the next morning. I tell him I want to be at the airport by 10am, so he tells me he will set up the shuttle for 9:30am. The next morning, the front desk calls me at 9am asking if I am coming down for my 9am shuttle. I asked her if it was written down in the book for 9am and she confirms. So, not only does the hotel not respond to the two emails I submitted through their site requesting a shuttle, then Luis is rude to me when I complain about it and then he tells me a different time to come down for the shuttle then what he scheduled in the book. It was a disappointing ending to my trip to Spain.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Bath
Reviewed 11 November 2013

After years of talking about arranging a weekend of football in Spain to watch some La Liga football, last year my best mate and I finally got around to doing it. Although I wish I had done it sooner, I doubt I would have come across this hotel!

Stayed for 4 nights and couldn't believe how good this little gem was! Incredibly close to the metro, which we used to get everywhere. Some nice shops and places to eat within walking distance.

Check in was simple enough, even after arriving quite late and spending 20 Euros on a taxi. Although fairly tired after the flight, I thought they had given us the wrong room. Spacious and an amazing bathroom. Although we agreed that we only needed somewhere to sleep, the price was too hard to turn down. And it was only a matter of a few pounds more a day. Couldn't comment on breakfast as we only had the bed only rate but had a few beers and an evening meal there once and it was only a bite to eat but nice enough.

The hotel may well be off the beaten track, but it was quiet! Hotel was well appointed and was well worth the money. It only took around 20 mins by Metro from the City Centre which is nothing really.

Took advantage of the shuttle service back to the hotel and that was superb too.

All in all a fantastic hotel for a brilliant weekend. Sadly I doubt I will return any time soon but will try and use the hotel chain's other hotels as I was very impressed. Would happily recommend the hotel though!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Jaca, Aragon, Spain
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This hotel is a few minutes drive from Terminal 2 Barajas Airport. The rooms were clean standard rooms, and the staff helpful. The shuttle to the airport efficient, and the restaurant in the hotel may be expensive, but the food is good! I would stay here again if I were flying out of the airport early.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Salida, Co. USA
Reviewed 6 November 2013

If you have just a night or two to enjoy Madrid before flying out I'd recommend this place. They'll come get you at the airport, the rooms are very hip, they offer free WeeeFeee, the breakfast is in abundance, yada, yada, yada, stay here and take the Metro into town, rather than schlepping your baggage into town.

Room Tip: Did I say that the Breakfast was killer ?!