“Disappointed”
Review of Hotel Nuevo Boston

Hotel Nuevo Boston
Ranked #167 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My last review of this hotel was a five star, but I sadly have to lower it to a three, possibly even a two, since my recent stay. My son and I stayed over night coming from Lanzarote, and going on to San Diego. When we finally made it to the hotel just before midnight, we dropped off our luggage, and proceeded to the hotel restaurant for a snack. We hadn't eaten in a long while, and had been told that the restaurant would be serving food until midnight. We seated ourselves and waited. The two waiters ignored that we were even there. One finally manged to come to us, without much enthusiasm. We got our drinks, and once again, the waiter disappeared, not to bee seen again for too long. When I was finally able to reel him in again, it was about 12:10. He told me that the kitchen was closed, but that I could try the vending machine sandwiches. Had he been more efficient, we might have been able to eat something. I wasn't able to get the waiter to come back to the table to pay for my drinks. I should have gotten up and left, but decided to pay at the bar. Call it leading by example.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Kathrin T

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Hotel Nuevo Boston does not present itself as a 4 star hotel. Although the rooms are clean and spacious we have encountered numerous other problems. We are writing this complaint publicly (after speaking directly to the staff and no changes occurring) whist we are still here so that something can be done for the hotel to redeem itself.
Problems are as follows:
1) On entering the hotel there's an awful sewage smell.
2) The free shuttle bus advertised on the website is infrequent and constantly booked up - 19 seats is under catered for this multi-storey hotel.
3) The pool side is similarly tiny and the staff uncompromising and unhelpful, bordering on rude.
4) The breakfast buffet is unworthy of €12 or a 4 star hotel.
5) This is supposed to be a multilingual hotel however 'sorry' seems to be the only English word most staff know.
6) Water is not always available in the vending machine (for the lesser price) but the same water is available in the bar for a higher cost.
We hope for a prompt response to this feedback and we will post again to inform prospective customers of any changes during the rest of our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank DeePea69
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We were here for 1 night before heading to another destination and were quite surprised to find this lovely hotel - large rooms, modern, clean and reasonably priced. You can walk to the Plenilunio Mall in 18 minutes if you want to dine or shop.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We chose this hotel purely by its name (since we are from New England), and were not disappointed. The room was comfortable and clean. The hotel has a restaurant and bar. We ate breakfast and dinner there and were not disappointed. The hotel is located near the airport, so we used the subway system to get from downtown Madrid to the hotel, and vice versa. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave C
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Since Madrid was my gateway city to Europe, I only needed to spend one night near the airport without going into the city. I chose Nuevo Boston based on other Tripadvisor reviews and was truly impressed. The hotel is ultra-modern with cool architectural features I wasn't expecting. The rooms are huge and the air conditioning works great. The hotel is located in an industrial area near the airport, and the only nearby "attraction" is a humongous mall which has 4 levels with lots of venues for food and drink at all price ranges. There are hundreds of stores and a big super market, too. It was worth the 15-minute walk from the hotel to spend several hours in air conditioned comfort. The hotel provided efficient and timely shuttle service to and from the airport, which is a 5-minute drive away. I highly recommend the Nuevo Boston Hotel.

Room Tip: Although the airport is only a mile or two away, I never heard any noise from traffic or airplanes...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank okg
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel just for one night before moving to our next destination; so it was just for a short period of time. The hotel is very clean, staff very friendly, a big plus is their shuttle service to the airport.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A large and comfortable hotel near the airport. It's not sure if it wants to be a business hotel or one for leisure travellers. The room was pleasant enough but the corridors were rather gloomy and dark and felt rather oppressive. But then again its all a bit subjective. A nice enough breakfast and a very pleasant pool at the rear of the building.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Madrid hotels
Maydrit Hotel
Melia Barajas
#183 of 438 in Madrid
Hotel Zenit Conde de Orgaz
#259 of 438 in Madrid

Been to Hotel Nuevo Boston? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Nuevo Boston

Address: Avenida Aragon 332, 28022 Madrid, Spain
Region: Spain > Community of Madrid > Madrid
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#37 Romantic Hotel in Madrid
#70 Business Hotel in Madrid
#74 Family Hotel in Madrid
#119 Luxury Hotel in Madrid
Price Range: £53 - £127 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel Nuevo Boston 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Splitty, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Nuevo Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Husa Nuevo Boston Madrid