“Reccomended by the hotel- pretty good!”
Review of La Paella Real

La Paella Real
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
La Paella Real is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,734 of 10,690 Restaurants in Madrid
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Centro
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Reccomended by the hotel- pretty good!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We weren't surprised that when we asked the front desk at the hotel for a place to get Paella in Madrid that they recommended a place called La Paella- and one that they just 'happened' to have coupons for.
However, for the price we paid we were fully satisfied with our meal, including churizo, sangria, and of course Paella

• Visited July 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Average Restaurant...”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

i only go because we have got the discount voucher from the tourst bus ticket.

indeed, it is very close to the restaurant i was staying in, but it is very over priced, and the quite a poor service.

the only thing that amaze me is they let me to change the paella to Fideua in the set menu. but i found a better place on the next day.

• Visited March 2013
Milan, Italy
“Disastrous experience”
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

We ordered paella for dinner. it was horrible, paella was burnt. Moreover, staff was unkind and rude. They didn't even say hello or thanks. In addition, the dinner was very expensive. Keep away from this restaurant.

2 Thank VaultBoy86
Gumi, South Korea
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel. The food was okay, but very over priced! I'm sure you can find cheaper and better tasting somewhere else. We has the seafood and chicken paella. I wish they wouldn't dish it out for you. They should just set the paella tray in the middle of the table. When we entered we were one of the first customers and the manager was yelling at someone on the phone it was really awkward. They give you bread to eat in the beginning (without asking you) and then charge you for it. I have eaten at many restaurants during my stay in Europe however this was the first time that happened. There is no atmosphere in the restaurant either. I would really suggest finding another place to try paella.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank nia123
Bozeman Montana
“Very Good Paella”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This review is long overdue - I thought that I had already written one but it turns out that I did not. My wife and I had dinner here one evening back in Oct. 2011 while we were vacationing in Madrid. The restaurant was recommended by the hotel where we were staying which was a short distance from the restaurant. We ate early and were the only patrons initially in the restaurant. The decor is arguably a bit dated but still comfortable. We had a meal that was a set price (I think that it was around 70 euros total for both of us) but it was well worth it in that we had several wonderful appetizers (I recall the squid being delicious) and a very large portion of vegetable paella along with a bottle of wine. The paella was very good - I will not say that it was the best that I have every had but it was very good nonetheless. La Paella Real is one of the few restaurants that we remembered fondly well after we had returned from out vacation.

• Visited October 2011