“the best hotel i have stayed in”

Compostela Suites Apartments
Ranked #372 of 443 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This hotel is large and new. Very very clean, We had 1 bed apartment with views over airport but didn't hear any planes.Everything that you need in the apartment big and cleaned daily. the pool is not big but very clean and nice. It is a bit far to the nearest metro station but not a bother for us. Close to the nearest shops. If I go again to madrid I will chode only this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria Z

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We chose this accommodation because it is near the airport and reasonably priced. The surroundings are all new and without any charm and so is the hotel. We got a little flat, and it was ok with good beds, a little sitting room and a tiny kitchen. There was not as much as a tea-spoon in the kitchen however and we could not even make a cup of instant coffee.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Klaus_Aarhus_Denmark
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Huge hotel complex on an industrial estate, a few minutes from Madrid's Barajas Airport. Eerily empty on a rainy March evening, the endless corridors reminded one of Jack Nicholson, somewhere between One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and the Shining. The rooms are just fine, with good workspace and the wifi is not bad. Bathroom good, everything clean and and its place. TV with many channels in several languages. The entrance hall has a couple of drinks and snack machines, reasonably priced. There is an outdoor pool but I cannot imagine anybody coming here for a vacation, except if passing through Madrid on a layover. The bar and breakfast area were fine, if you need a bar and/or breakfast although not particularly welcoming. The breakfast choice was limited and poor quality although the bread and fruit were fresh. It seems like a very clean hotel all round. Only negative point for me is that the main doors always seemed to be left open and that gave a sense of poor security. So, fine if you are passing through and if you can get a good rate. otherwise, nearby hotels such as the Axor, are really much more welcoming and comfortable,.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank josh47003
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I stayed here long term and left in December. The room was dirty when I arrived and staff said I had to clean it myself as I was long term. The walls had cracks in, the a/c and heating wasn't working for over 3 weeks! The staff couldn't give me another room just another blanket. The first day I was there, the cleaners took bed sheets away. Called reception and they couldn't do anything about it!?
Overall, the staff were rude, had no empathy (I'd been there over a year). The room was dirty, the appliances didn't work. The water failed for two consecutive nights and again there was nothing the staff could do! This Meant having to pay on top 2 nights in a hotel opposite. the staff didnt care and didnt offer any sort of refund. Highly disappointed and would strongly recommend going somewhere else.

Plus point was swimming pool and padel court only.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The hotel cancelled my booking as they were over-booked and even worst did not show any sign of empathy and hardly apologised for the inconveniance.
The staff was incredibly rude, we were with two children, we had to find other hotel at night and it started raining.
I strongly DONT recommend this hotel for families.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jerou2012
Reviewed 27 October 2012

First of all my husband said it looked like a prison, I dont know, sort of looked like government housing to me. We were in building 4, when we first walked into hall there are huge cracks in ceiling, keep in mind this building was built in 2009. Are apartment was 2 bedrooms and had two baths, with kitchen no utensils included, extra fee for that, again there were huge cracks 2 feet long in ceilings in all the rooms, we were on the bottom floor, maybe there not on the upper floors cause all the weights on the bottom, scary, do they have eathquakes here (madrid), the walls are paper thin, we were treated to a lady of the night visiting our neighbor at 4am with her howls of a cat into the night, I put those earplugs in I had handy, needless to say we did not spend a second night there, other then that its in a great location, close to mall and convention hall, the room was clean however, besides the cigarette smell.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank surfingmo
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Clean rooms, good service, cheap and comfortable. The Hotel was close to the place I was visiting but far from downtown. I would be back if I had go to Madrid again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com