“Only went for drinks”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Huertas
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We only went for drinks here as it has a disabled toilet, the food menu didn't appeal. Service was good, they have 2 people who take orders and you pay the rest are waiting staff. Beer was quite reasonably priced (in line with everywhere else) and service was fairly quick. No complaints and it is handy for wheelchair users as it is has an accessible toilet which is a rare find in Madrid.

There are newer reviews for Meson Cinco Jotas

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Watch your bill. They try to charge you for things that you have not ordered and this place is very expensive to begin with. The food was not that good. It was cold and they even brought us stuff that we had not ordered. Go somewhere else.

2  Thank dannyph
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is the first time I have ever felt taken advantage of as a British tourist in any European city. The restaurant was nearly empty compared to the bustle across the street (we should have taken more notice of this!). The food was unpleasant and basic (mayonnaise on patatas bravas instead of sauce?). My steak was full of fat and my wife's meatball stew was disgusting- swimming in grease. The waiter was surly and inattentive (poor measures on the wine and practically throwing the salt cellar at me when I asked for some). The biggest surprise was when the bill arrived; they had added on for bread, doubled the price of tapas starters and added on 10% for the luxury of sitting outside?! Rather than talk to me about the bill, the waitress flung the Spanish menu at me pointing at the small print outlining the extra charges. This is not a quality restaurant. They have a good spot in a beautiful square, but have not understood that well cooked, good value food will increase their footfall and will avoid them having to charge hidden extras. The worst dining experience I have had in 15 years of travelling in Europe.

1  Thank Mike_Baker_83
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Service is just awful, they took away 5 olives when we asked for some chips instead, it took ages to get them to take the command and later to be served(15 mins to get a fruit platter as dessert) and on top of it, although food is tasteful, rations are minimal and scarce, bordering cheapness in them. Not a place I would recommend or come back again.

2  Thank martains
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have to admit that I am surprised reading some of the negative reviews about this place on here. After looking to go into Lateral and seeing that it was packed we decided to walk across the plaza and give this place a shot. While they were also busy the service was friendly and adequate as we didn't have to go looking for them when we needed something. We were four and shared several dishes of tapas, all of which were pretty good. I wouldn't have a problem going here again or recommending that others give it a shot.