“Excellent value”

Ranked #142 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
san francisco, ca
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the Tach Hotel (pronounced like "tosh") for one night recently on my way out of Spain. The room was very nice and as some have mentioned, the bathroom is a decent size. It was very quiet in the room. Everything is quite new, so it all works and looks very modern. Some may find the lighting to be dim since it appears to be LED. I booked a few months in advance so got my standard room for only 50 E. I ate at the hotel restaurant which was convenient and had a decent menu. The prices were some of the lowest I paid in all my European travels. I was also impressed that when I sent my hamburger back because it was not cooked (literally raw except at the surfaces) they just gave me a new one.

I would warn users about the shuttle. I tried calling the hotel from the moment I arrived until I reached the curb, but could not get an answer until my fourth try. I was told that one would be sent, but after waiting 20 minutes, called again. Although the receptionist spoke English, there was mis-communication and I could not tell whether a bus was on the way or not. A bus arrived 5 minutes later, and then it was clear that it was simply making the rounds and not sent for me, but this was not explained on the phone. Unfortunately, the bus then waited over 5 minutes before leaving and then went to terminal one before going to the hotel so it took about 40 minutes from the time I got to the curb. I was tempted to take a taxi, but found later that you will pay min. 20E for the privilege, so I am glad I waited. I was also glad I scheduled my shuttle for the morning return as soon as I arrived (thanks to the hotel staff) because it was full. In fact several people had to carry their bags on board and hold them in their laps because there was not enough room to stow the luggage. I suspect this will happen often since the shuttle does not have much storage. I did get to the airport on time and it was free, so this is simply something to be aware of.

I would certainly stay at the Tach Hotel again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Hotel Tach Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Sir, thank you for your nice review about our hotel. I apologize about shuttle service, it usually takes 10-15minutes. Hope to welcome you back in the future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel is a solid choice for the airport. It's modern and clean, the service is good, it has a passable restaurant that has long opening hours and is a good place to catch a football match, it's got free wifi and there's a free shuttle bus for the ten minute drive to and from the airport. Unfortunately, I found a few things out the hard way.

Firstly, when we arrived at the airport by train to go to the hotel there was no answer from the hotel to order the shuttle bus. Having a baby, lots of luggage and thinking it was close and would therefore be a cheap cab ride, we jumped in a cab only to be charged 20 euros as soon as the cab left the airport. It's a shame they didn't answer the phone because it would have saved us 20 euros and we weren't to know then that cabs have a flat minimum rate from the airport, even for a trip of five minutes. In retrospect, we should have persisted on the phone.

Also, when I originally made the booking through booking.com, it said very clearly that the maximum occupancy for the room was two people. It also states that a cot is available but I thought I had to book a family room, which I did three months prior to travelling. I was therefore a bit miffed when the gentlemen in front of us at reception had walked in off the street, asked for a standard room and was paying a price 40 euros cheaper than we were. The receptionist was friendly but made it very clear that I had read the information wrong and that it was my mistake. As a result, we were paying a lot more than we needed to for more beds than we needed. I told her I didn't think the information on booking.com was clear but she insisted that it was my mistake. In retrospect, I should have called to ask but I took booking.com at it's word - and that's the last time I do that.

And the third thing that put my noise slightly out of joint was that, when paying for a drink at the bar, I noticed that everyone else had a voucher for 6 euros credit at the bar. When I asked, I was told that when you book directly through the hotel's website you automatically get a 6 euro drink voucher. It would have been nice to know.

The main thing was that we arrived at the airport well rested and in plenty of time so, for that reason, I would probably consider staying here again if flight times meant I had to. However, this hotel can be a lot more expensive than it needs to be for the uninitiated so, as a first timer, I can't give it any more than an average rating. On balance, the Tach did the job but left a bitter taste.

Room Tip: Book through their website. Do NOT take a taxi from the airport to get there.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank losmochileros
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Hotel Tach Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear customer, thank you for your review. Thank you for your good comments, and I would like to inform you that you could have asked front desk to change your room if you preferred a standard room and we would have solved your problem. We could not know if you wanted a family room because you wanted to be more comfortable in a much bigger room and nice bathroom.
Our shuttle goes from every terminal picking up customers, it is better to call the hotel to be more efficient, but the bus anyway goes from one terminal to the other.
I feel sorry we did not manage to talk with you on the phone
For every customer it is always much better to book directly throught hotel website tach-hotel.es to get best offers and get a 6€ voucher.
Due West, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel. The staff was efficient and very helpful. Arranging the airport shuttle was quick and easy. There are several restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk, and the subway is also nearby. Although I might question its 4-star rating, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was larger than many hotel bathrooms. We never heard aircraft, so it must be out of the flight path. If you need a reasonably priced hotel near Madrid's airport, the Tach Hotel is for you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank dgrier
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Hotel Tach Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Sir/Madam, thank you very much for your great comments. I am glad you liked location, our shuttle service and even room and bathroom size. Hope to welcome you back in the future
Granada, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Crisp, clean, modern. Friendly, helpful service. Reliable, prompt, free shuttle service to all the airport terminals. It is also located in a very pleasant, "real" neighbourhood with lots of eating places and service, so you don't feel stuck out on an abstract site too near the airport. We were too tired/lazy to leave the hotel for dinner (and an early flight the next morning), so we ate in their very pleasant restaurant. Great variety on the menu. We had gourmet hamburgers. The breakfast was really good too. My partner and I now live in Spain and will be using Madrid airport often. This will be "our" hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IntrepidHector
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Hotel Tach Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear customer, I am very pleased for your comments, thank you very much. We hope to welcome you back very soon. Please, note if booking at tach-hotel.es you can get best offers and promotions like our 6€ voucher.
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is a one visit hotel, I was led to believe it was at the Madrid Airport , it is definitely NOT. And once you have been misled it puts a different complexion on the hotel this is just average the food is below average as is the service, best described as a hotel of last resort.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Seayeaitch
Dear Sir/Madam. I am very surprised about your comments. Tach Madrid Airport Hotel is the closest airport to Terminal 4 and as other hotels of barajas village, just 1,5km from Terminal1&2.
So I do not understand your comment about Madrid Airport Hotel. If you look for location, cannot find a better option.
Maybe your comment is about another hotel.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Our last night in Europe we decided to spend near the airport in Madrid, this place was by far the least expensive of the trip, its comfortable and close to the airport and cab fare to Madrid is about 27 euros. The only problem we had was with the wifi but everything else was fine, it is not a place to base your trip but great for getting ready to leave and at 60 euros you will not find cleaner for less.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wpaapw
Dear Sir/Madam, thank you very much for your comments at tripadvisor. Wifi problems at floor 1 were solved the following day. You can get to the city center by metro (5min walking from the hotel) and it takes 20minutes to get to Castellana street by metro.
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Biz it is again and this time for Espagna.
Arrival at Madrid airport late in the evening by LAN from Frankfurt and therefore a close to the airport hotel sounds like a good idea.
Here we have a swift response about the transfer procedures and the searched for location.
There is a free shuttle on offer from the airport and just a minute or two after I´am off the terminal it drive´s by.
Some ten minutes later at the hotel with a really nice welcome from a young woman. Level three from four is prepared with a nice view to the airport in the distance. Don´t get me wrong, no noise to notice at all.
The room spacious enough and up-to-date equiped.
Two separate beds, a large desk, free wifi and also the bathroom large enough. Hot water works perfectly and also towels enough are on offer.
Certainly a good nights sleep here.
Breakfast is on offer from 07.00 am, the time for me with the upcoming biz meeting. No one else around, calm and everything what I need during this time of the day on offer.
Check-out later on is done swiftly by a nice young male agent. By shuttle again for the airport to change for the metro downtown.
Well, the usual question for the downsides:
A hard find, the only thing to notice is the lack of shops around to buy something to eat in the evening and the hotel itself doesn´t offer that much.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FLIEGER67
Dear Sir/Madam, thank you very much for such a nice review about our Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed location, shuttle service or the room.
Barajas village has little shops all around the village, 5min walking from the hotel and you can get by metro to a shopping center in 15minutes.
Hope to welcome you back in the future