“Highly recommend this airport hotel in Madrid”

Hotel Tach Madrid Airport
Ranked #157 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great airport hotel, clean, adequate for family. Clean room with wonderful A/C - nice early morning van driver to the airport. Staff in bar and restaurant were accomodating and helpful. Staff spoke English.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mez632014
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Hotel Tach Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you very much for your great comments about taCH Madrid Airport Hotel. I am glad you liked shuttle, location and staff
Hope to welcome you back in the future. Note that if booking at tach-hotel.es you can get a 6 euros voucher for breakfast or restaurant.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked one night at Tach for my connecting flight from Madrid to London. They offer free shuttle bus service, so when you arrive in the airport, you have to give them a call to pick you up. The shuttle bus turned up within 30 minutes at the terminal to pick me up to the hotel.

It is situated in a residential area, it is a nice hotel, but toiletries are very basic. It said on the information pack that, if you need any toiletries, you should contact the front desk.

a) there is no number to call the front desk directly.
b) I asked the cleaner (who were cleaning the opposite room) if I can have hair conditioners, she said they don't have it
c) when I was having a shower, I noticed that there was no soap liquid left in the bottle, since I can't call the front desk, and was in the shower (so can't go to the front desk), I was forced to squeeze the remaining bottle for body soap.

I booked the shuttle bus service the next morning at 6:05a.m and got to the reception early, they actually offer free coffee and some snacks, which is good for people who can't make it to breakfast (starts at 7a.m and it is not free...)

will go back but will ask for toiletries beforehand....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chloe81love
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Hotel Tach Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Madam, thank you for your comments about tach hotel Madrid Airport. I would like to inform you that we provide a guide about our services and recommendations. You can dial 9 - Reception.
We provide hair conditioner in every room, we checked all the rooms and there is not any room without hair conditioner. Maybe the cleaner did not understand you.

I apologize for the inconveniences anyway, feel sorry you were not completely satisfied during your stay. We will check our procedures, thank you for your time.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The shuttle, as promised, picked us up at the airport. Clean, well-kept facilities. The room was very quiet and the hotel is situated in the middle of a residential area.

I had reserved the morning shuttle to get back to the airport but we were not on the list as promised. The taxi was expensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear customer, thank you for your review about our hotel. I feel sorry about shuttle service in the morning, it should not happen, and we should have provided a new option. Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I was very positively surprised by this hotel. I got much more than I expected for the price.
Location is very convenient, close to the airport and the subway, and they also offer transfer to the airport with no additional charge.
The only thing that bothered me is that, as the shower area is not completely closed, taking a shower means weting half the bathroom.
If this is something that diesn't bother it, go for it! It's a great deal.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Madam, thank you for your nice review about tach hotel Madrid airport. I am glad you liked the hotel, location, shuttle service... and really happy you were surprised about what you expected. Hope to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our stay was only one night, and the staff made it very pleasant. Location near the hotel, with airport shuttle. Nice rooms. Location is very close to the airport and close to metro station, just two blocks away..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric A
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Hotel Tach Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Eric, thank you very much for your great comments. I am glad you liked location and also staff made your stay pleasant... Hope to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the Tach Hotel (pronounced like "tosh") for one night recently on my way out of Spain. The room was very nice and as some have mentioned, the bathroom is a decent size. It was very quiet in the room. Everything is quite new, so it all works and looks very modern. Some may find the lighting to be dim since it appears to be LED. I booked a few months in advance so got my standard room for only 50 E. I ate at the hotel restaurant which was convenient and had a decent menu. The prices were some of the lowest I paid in all my European travels. I was also impressed that when I sent my hamburger back because it was not cooked (literally raw except at the surfaces) they just gave me a new one.

I would warn users about the shuttle. I tried calling the hotel from the moment I arrived until I reached the curb, but could not get an answer until my fourth try. I was told that one would be sent, but after waiting 20 minutes, called again. Although the receptionist spoke English, there was mis-communication and I could not tell whether a bus was on the way or not. A bus arrived 5 minutes later, and then it was clear that it was simply making the rounds and not sent for me, but this was not explained on the phone. Unfortunately, the bus then waited over 5 minutes before leaving and then went to terminal one before going to the hotel so it took about 40 minutes from the time I got to the curb. I was tempted to take a taxi, but found later that you will pay min. 20E for the privilege, so I am glad I waited. I was also glad I scheduled my shuttle for the morning return as soon as I arrived (thanks to the hotel staff) because it was full. In fact several people had to carry their bags on board and hold them in their laps because there was not enough room to stow the luggage. I suspect this will happen often since the shuttle does not have much storage. I did get to the airport on time and it was free, so this is simply something to be aware of.

I would certainly stay at the Tach Hotel again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sir, thank you for your nice review about our hotel. I apologize about shuttle service, it usually takes 10-15minutes. Hope to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel is a solid choice for the airport. It's modern and clean, the service is good, it has a passable restaurant that has long opening hours and is a good place to catch a football match, it's got free wifi and there's a free shuttle bus for the ten minute drive to and from the airport. Unfortunately, I found a few things out the hard way.

Firstly, when we arrived at the airport by train to go to the hotel there was no answer from the hotel to order the shuttle bus. Having a baby, lots of luggage and thinking it was close and would therefore be a cheap cab ride, we jumped in a cab only to be charged 20 euros as soon as the cab left the airport. It's a shame they didn't answer the phone because it would have saved us 20 euros and we weren't to know then that cabs have a flat minimum rate from the airport, even for a trip of five minutes. In retrospect, we should have persisted on the phone.

Also, when I originally made the booking through booking.com, it said very clearly that the maximum occupancy for the room was two people. It also states that a cot is available but I thought I had to book a family room, which I did three months prior to travelling. I was therefore a bit miffed when the gentlemen in front of us at reception had walked in off the street, asked for a standard room and was paying a price 40 euros cheaper than we were. The receptionist was friendly but made it very clear that I had read the information wrong and that it was my mistake. As a result, we were paying a lot more than we needed to for more beds than we needed. I told her I didn't think the information on booking.com was clear but she insisted that it was my mistake. In retrospect, I should have called to ask but I took booking.com at it's word - and that's the last time I do that.

And the third thing that put my noise slightly out of joint was that, when paying for a drink at the bar, I noticed that everyone else had a voucher for 6 euros credit at the bar. When I asked, I was told that when you book directly through the hotel's website you automatically get a 6 euro drink voucher. It would have been nice to know.

The main thing was that we arrived at the airport well rested and in plenty of time so, for that reason, I would probably consider staying here again if flight times meant I had to. However, this hotel can be a lot more expensive than it needs to be for the uninitiated so, as a first timer, I can't give it any more than an average rating. On balance, the Tach did the job but left a bitter taste.

Room Tip: Book through their website. Do NOT take a taxi from the airport to get there.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank losmochileros
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Hotel Tach Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear customer, thank you for your review. Thank you for your good comments, and I would like to inform you that you could have asked front desk to change your room if you preferred a standard room and we would have solved your problem. We could not know if you wanted a family room because you wanted to be more comfortable in a much bigger room and nice bathroom.
Our shuttle goes from every terminal picking up customers, it is better to call the hotel to be more efficient, but the bus anyway goes from one terminal to the other.
I feel sorry we did not manage to talk with you on the phone
For every customer it is always much better to book directly throught hotel website tach-hotel.es to get best offers and get a 6€ voucher.