As far as European hotels go, this is indeed a fairly decent hotel. Although there could be some imrpovement, it is a nice little hotel all in all.
- Good location. 3-minute walk from Prado and 10-minute walk from Retiro Park and Atocha (Train station to Toledo).
- Pleasant neighbourhood with plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants. We did not exactly brush up our Spanish beforehand but everyone seemed very friendly and keen to recommend different authentic dishes despite the language barrier. It felt very safe to go out even late at night.
- Decent room and cool design. Love the huge mirror and over-head shower in the bathroom.
- Attentive staff.
Cons (rather minor stuff)
- I have to agree with previous comments that the water temperature seemed to jump up and down a fair bit. (It was almost like 15-second of decent temperature and 2-second extreme hot.)
- Lack of make-up mirror in the bathroom.
- Average quality of toiletry: lack of cotton buds and cotton pads. Hair conditioner was very weak. (Having said all that, I could live with it for 4 days.)
- Light switches were very random, we had so much trouble working out what switch was for what light.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Madrid Prado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Madrid Prado Hotel Madrid