“Perfect family room.”

Ranked #90 of 445 Hotels in Madrid
eugene, Oregon
“Perfect family room.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

After reading other tripadvisor reviews, we had some "reservations" about reserving a room here, but found nothing to complain about. Incredibly clean and modern hotel. Desk spoke English. The Family room was so nice we didn't want to leave to see the city! Easily took the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and then used it to travel back to the airport to catch a city bus or metro to the city center. In the evening, returning via shuttle was a bit of a wait, and we were happy to have a cell phone along to continue to check on it. I like coffee maker in room, but I'll trade it for the plush decor with white leather sofas and clean white bedding any day! Our Grand-daughter felt so cozy in the drop down murphy bunk. Super clean, very quiet, nice staff, modern and nice hotel. Book your shuttle ride for morning airport at the front desk. Reservations are free, but required. Taxi queue nearby if you don't want to wait. No complaints. This is a good one.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank serendipity100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Charlottesville, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

There is nothing wrong with this hotel. It's clean and well-run, inexpensive and well-located within a few minutes drive to the airport. The restaurant is surprisingly good, and the shuttle works a treat. The rooms have well-stocked minibars and nice bathrooms. The people behind the desk (and in the restaurant) are friendly, efficient and hard-working. Even my wake-up call was on time. The only reason I have not given the hotels four stars is that...well, I think the place lacks a soul. There is nothing interesting or exciting about it. It's just a modern hotel with Ikea-style furnishings. Perfectly acceptable, and all that one should expect (or even hope for) from a hostelry whose clientele consists almost exclusively of guests who will be staying one night.

Room Tip: In making reservations, you should query the hotel as to whether or not it's necessary to notify...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Excellent choice for night near Barajas. Exciting modern design, spotless, spacious rooms and free shuttle. Family room exceptionally comfortable for two adults, and two teens.

Room Tip: Family room very large and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Clean, modern, 4 star. Friendly staff and comfy beds too.
On the booking site it said shuttle bus until midnight. Our plane was late - I called them - shuttle still came to get us at 00h30.
I said it to the receptionist to thank her. She said - always call we can try to arrange something. So I don't know if that's official hotel policy but she seemed to imply that they would try not to leave us without transport.
Only stayed 7 hours - slept well. Didn't try the breakfast so no comment on that.
Will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank paddybone
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Axor Barajas last week, before flying home the following morning. Contrary to some of the other reviews, we did not find the staff unfriendly, maybe because we were prepared to attempt at least a few words in Spanish, and as soon as we checked in were asked if we wanted to reserve seats on the airport transfer bus for the morning.
The hotel was very modern and funky in its design and although we had planned to go straight to bed, we decided to spend a little time down in the bar and reception area, once we had seen it. This was a little on the chilly side, due to the large glass doors to the outside of the hotel, which kept opening, but this wasn't a major problem. There was free Wi-fi in this, and other areas of the hotel, and we were given the access code when we checked in.
As for the accommodation, the bathroom and bedroom were extremely clean. There was a large walk in shower (no bath) and a wide variety of toiletries provided, including a toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving kit and comb, in addition to the usual shampoo and shower gel. We requested, and received a wake-up call, which was a 'real' person and not just an automated recording.
We did not eat in the restaurant as we arrived late, and had an early start in the morning, although it looked very nice.
The only point to consider, although it did not affect us, was that there were too many people waiting for the 5:30 am hotel transfer bus, and they all claimed to have reserved a seat. We were okay, because the driver went through the room numbers he had on his list, so perhaps some of the other guests had not actually confirmed their places, but I think they were trying to sort out alternative transport for those who could not fit on the bus.
I would definitely stay here again as the price I got from booking online was very good value.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2132daisy
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I loved this hotel. It was super modern and very chic!! Brand new from the feel of it too and only about 15 minutes away from the airport which was great, because I was only here for one night due to a lay over! But the staff were amazing and the room was AWESOME! it was very very modern with a huge swivel flat screen tv, a mini bar, down comforter and a great couch sitting area. The bathroom and the shower were divine as well and the room had mood lighting which was a wonderful touch and an Ipod docking station. There were not many american channels but that was ok by me. I also ate in the restaurant and the food was very good. The receptionist area when you enter the hotel is super super swanky with great modern art deco type couches and chairs, with a bar to mingle after dinner! The location is not fantastic if you are in the mood for shopping there are definitely other centres in Madrid where you can stay for this but if you are looking for a place near the airport that is chic and modern you should definitely consider this place!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Twinzie
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

This hotel my Mom booked for me to stay in when I got to Madrid because it was extra close to the airport. It offers a free shuttle service but I just took the 12 euro cab there and back. The hotel lobby is modernly designed and the floor I was on even had a Wii room for the kids. When I walked into my room I was shocked and thought they made a mistake. It was huge and I had a beautiful bathroom with a giant shower, leather couches, a big screen TV and a giant bed. We also got a giant free breakfast. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a place by the airport but other then that its not close to the city center. It also only cost 77 euros for this amazing suite like room!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo