“true to hotel name”
Review of Mayerling Hotel

Mayerling Hotel
Ranked #51 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed in #305 of this hotel in early June, 2013. It was a clean, quiet room facing a wall (which I didn't mind; there was a gap between the wall and the room with big windows, so there was ample natural light coming in.) Just as most Tripadvisor reviewers said of this hotel, I too had a comfortable stay here. Breakfast included two types of sliced bread, some mini cupcakes, cereals, yogurt, cheese, meat, and a variety of juice and fruits. The kitchen, which is open 24/7, has a espresso/coffee/hot chocolate maker and a variety of tea. It also has a water cooler for drinking water. The toiletries were bare minimal and the bedroom décor was IKEA-like sparse but functional. And yep, the shower has funky lights and glass panels all around it. Thank god, there is a curtain for privacy. If all you need while traveling is a clean bed and courteous service, you will not be disappointed with this hotel. The hotel is also centrally located. For those driving to Madrid,there is public parking near the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will certainly stay here next time I visit Madrid.

Room Tip: Room # 305 and #303 are quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Budapest5
There are newer reviews for Mayerling Hotel

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The room was small, modern, and a little funky but totally OK for a short stay (2 nights). It was very spare and the layout was a little strange but nothing to complain about. My room faced the street and was a little loud (primarily traffic noise) but if you get a rear-facing room it would be much quieter, I'm sure. Staff was very nice and helpful. Continental breakfast was perfect. Location is good in the center of town not far from Plaza del Sol.

Room Tip: Request a room at the rear of the building to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We needed 1 night stop over hotel on our way home from central america and chose this based on previous reviews.We received a very detailed email with arrival directions,and checking in the friendly receptionist gave us all the info we needed to spend one day in Madrid - including a warning about pickpocketing which we partly ignored and thus our i-phone was stolen in the metro on the way to the airport...
For the price paid we received more than expected, great bed, terrific shower and the best room lighting we ever had in all the (fancy) hotels we ever stayed in!
We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We spent a weekend there. Check-in was quick, the room was pretty nice and modern. Clean and Quiet. Breakfast is basic but good.
It was freezing cold the weekend we were there, and unforunately the hot water in the shower collapsed one morning. We took a cold shower and by the time we came back in the afternoon it was all fixed.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Just got back from a weekend in Madrid and we staid in the Chic&Basic Mayerling. if you're looking for a well located, cozy room and a good breakfast... you found it. Also the staff is very friendly and helped us with Taxis, guided us through the city map to show where were places we were looking for. Besides that, Madrid is an amazing city and I recommend to anyone who enjoys good food & wine and streets/bars/restaurants full of friendly people.

Something that I find cool about the rooms, that might be strange to some people, is that the shower is in the room itself.... Meaning that if you're laying in bed, you can see whoever is taking a shower in the side of the room.

Next time I go to Madrid, I know which hotel I'll be staying in.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I feel like all I ever write is good reviews, i did my homework when booking my hotels and once again was not disappointed. This is the 2nd Chic and Basic hotel i have stayed in and will continue to go back. Good large, clean rooms in the heart of Madrid, what more could you want..

Room Tip: Go for a large room just for the entertaining shower :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple