“Fantastic.”

Price range: US$12 - US$41
Cuisines: Spanish, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Description: Abrasador is a chain of restaurants specializing in grilled meat production itself which has a good range of menus which also offer salads, pastas and vegetables and fish. The free-range beef and iberian pork served in the Abrasador restaurants comes directly from the farm in the Toledan Village of Menasalbas that has been owned and run by the Group's Family for over 30 years.
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Right across the road from the Best Western Arosa Hotel, we had the Steak Platter for two, it was gorgeous and cooked to perfection. A nice atmosphere in the Restaurant too and the staff were very friendly and careful to explain the different cuts of meat and wine that would compliment them.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

A Good eggs, meat, and potato restaurant. It was almost 12 midnight, early for dinner in Madrid for me breakfast. The service was a little slow due to new help. The sangria tasted like weak grape juice. The steak was OK, the restaurant was bright and clean and the prices were moderate and it was just steps away from our hotel. Buenos Noches , Mrs Livingston where ever you are.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

After wandering a few hours through Madrid's cold streets, I needed a good hot meal.
I found Abrasador quite by accident and, since I was tired and it looked nice from the outside, I decided to try it.

The service is quite good and everyone was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. They were ready to make suggestions since my Spanish is much more worst than my English and did not went for the most expensive dishes, explaining of what consisted each dish. They even made me half a salad (very good, by the way) that was too big for just one person for half the price.

The food was very tasty and the meat was tender. The dessert, a plate of fresh fruits, was also really fresh and tasty. To complement this meal I had a bottle of mineral water and an expresso at the end.

Because I was in a little hurry, I could not enjoy this restaurant as much as I could but it was certainly a good surprise. And all that for just 25 euros. I will certainly go there again if I happen to go to Madrid again.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

The restaurant was empty when we arrive which left us a bit apprehensive. However we had an excellent meal and a pleasant surprise when the bill arrived because we had expected the price of our shared meal to be per person but in fact it was the total. The proprietor was very friendly and welcoming. This restaurant is hidden away down a side street but worth seeking out for meat lovers.

Reviewed 24 November 2011

We ate a couple of times at Abrasador which was across from our hotel on calle de la Salud. On our first day in the city, feeling the effects of jet lag, we stopped in late in the morning. We took advantage of their offer of bocadillos con jamón and cañas of beer for a few euros each. They were so good we had a second round with tortilla española. It was the perfect thing before a long siesta.
On another day we each got big salads with lomo (pork loin) and Manchego cheese. Those were also quite tasty. They had some great looking steaks but we never sampled those.
The staff was quite friendly and ready with suggestions from the menu. We enjoyed our meals there. It is economical but of high quality.