“Everything it promised to be”

ApartoSuites Jardines de Sabatini
Ranked #7 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
Oslo, Norway
“Everything it promised to be”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel in June 2014. I was fortunate to have one of the Top floor rooms overlooking the palace. Two of the four rooms have separate Bed rooms and I’d recommend getting one of those. The quality of the rooms is good, very clean and certainly this room had more than enough room for two. It can be a little noisy in the evening from the terrace above but nothing too bad. Cooking facilities are limited but then, there are so many good places to eat in Madrid it’s just nice to have the option. Breakfast in the hotel is an almost Scandinavian affair. Very simple but I felt it was pretty reasonable for money and easier than the immediate vicinity.
There are a couple of cafés nearby but I wasn’t overly impressed with the local neighbourhood. It just suddenly gets a bit shabby after you go under the underpass at Plaza de Espanã.
The hotel is nice. If you absolutely want a view of the palace from your balcony the view is great. You don’t have to walk very far to be in the touristy areas and transport links are good.
Ultimately though I just feel the last little walk from the hotel would not be the best memory for a tourist and there are probably other hotels closer to the centre that cater for this. So I probably wouldn’t recommend it to my Aunts and Uncles for example. Would I stay in this hotel again? Absolutely! Good quality mid-range hotel, friendly staff and central enough. If the price is right I wouldn’t think twice.
Nice rooftop terrace is worth a look regardless of whether you are staying in the hotel. If you are over at the palace at the end of the day and want to have a drink with a view it would be worth checking this out.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms with a view of the palace and a separate bedroom are the best. But rooms without a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Oslo_Hebridean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location and very helpful front office staff. We stayed here as a family for 3 days and were extremely happy. The views are fantastic and the location makes it easy to get to all the tourist attractions and eating places. Very clean and well maintained.

Stayed July 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Very nice boutique hotel. Staff very helpful, rooms were spacious, clean and equipped with many amenities. Sat on my deck and listened to wonderful concerts at night. Great view of the palace. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Nice staff. Could speak English. Air conditioner worked great. Great location. Clean and nice! Hotel staff helped us with directions and restaurant recommendations. The beds were very comfortable. Shower was fantastic!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda F
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Having initially chosen this hotel based on my budget for the trip, I must say it surpassed my expectations! As soon as you enter the building you are greeted every time by the front desk staff, and my boyfriend and I especially liked the gent that seemed to be on the desk during the nights. (Not sure of his name I'm afriad, but he was lovely!). In general I found the staff much more helpful and welcoming than the staff in my previous hotel (Barcelona).

If you're travelling as a tourist, definitely take advantage of Madrid's easily accessible metro system! A T10 ticket is perfect for a few days. (Valid for 10 journeys).The 2 closest metro stations to this hotel are Plaza de Espana, and Pricipe Pio. You can pick up a free pocket metro map at any of the stations, which will make planning any day trips super easy.
My boyfriend and I decided to pay a little more and have a suite with a palace view, which really was superb. However I had one small problem with this, which had nothing to do with the hotel itself. During July there are concerts almost every evening within the palace gardens, and after a hard day of trekking around Madrid the last thing I really wanted was to come back and be kept awake by some really poor music. Thankfully I brought ear plugs with me, and as the hotel had no control over this I'm not letting it affect my review. This is just something we had to put up with.
The rooms have an iron and ironing board, a fully equipped kitchenette which can be used for a small deposit, and a lovely big bed. The room was absolutely faultless, and the pillows were so soft!
On the first morning we had a free breakfast after I used an offer they had on at the time via Facebook, and there was definitely plenty of different types of food available. I didn't visit the Solarium on the roof however, so I can't comment on that. The hotel does offer room service, but something I would have liked would have been a menu for their rooftop terrace restaurant actually in the suites so you can give it a look before making a booking. Just an idea!

All in all it was a lovely stay, the staff were faultless and I was so happy to find they have a luggage storage facility, as our flight wasn't until the evening. If I was returning to Madrid again I would book this hotel in an instant.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Really good located apartment hotel. Though the walk for Gran Via is uphill and not ideal if you are not fit.

Space is excellent and well appointed. Only issue was that we were under the roof bar and this was very noisy at the weekend. Staff service excellent. Worth the stay. You need to walk away from the hotel to find a good choice of restaurants.

Stayed July 2014
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Coming into the hotel you are automatically taken from the bustle of a busy street Into the cool, bright, modern and refreshing surroundings of this lovely hotel, the astro turf grass on the outside is a lovely twist and adds so much colour to the entrance. The staff are amazingly pleasant and completely focused on you as a guest and visitor to the city. (Metro links are ample also with easy airport access if you are willing to travel a few stops). Good venue if you wish to visit the riviera, theatre etc but maybe avoid the hustle and bustle of Sol but still be within 10 minutes.

The rooms themselves have every little detail perfect, from the lovely decoration throughout, the bathroom with a more than ample shower cubicle with different shower source settings - spray from the sides, on the feet etc (We probably could have fitted about 5 people in the shower!) to ensuring you have everything you need - Even the kitchenette area has a 'pack up' with mini kitchen essentials. (Washing up liquid, clothes etc) On arrival there is complimentary drinks and chocolates in the room and more than adequate space for everything you could have bought with you. There has obviously been a lot of thought thrown into what this hotel can offer a guest.

Breakfast service is exemplary, choice is fantastic and the restaurant theme is again, bright, contemporary and colourful, perfect place to start your day. There is a business area too (we didn't use but it looked very stylish)

To top it all off this hotel boasts an at least 10+ classic car museum in its basement which guests can tour around, my husband is an avid car fan and we spend a good hour being regaled by the hotels manager on a tour of her cars, very knowledgable, woman with a wealth of information and passion for cars which is infectious.

This hotel has a fantastic sun terrace with unrivalled views of the palace of Madrid and we could have easily spent our 48 hours in Madrid with cocktails in hand whiling away the hours here.

Completely recommend this hotel - atmosphere, hospitality, quality and value for money topped off with the charm of the staff all add up to a 10/10 for us on our 1st anniversary.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple