“Super Stylish!”

Ranked #149 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Indianapolis, IN
“Super Stylish!”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I'll be honest, I was a little worried about booking something with "hostel" in the name (even with all the great reviews), but all my fears were washed away as soon I stepped in the door! Super clean and super stylish, the place is one of those rare gems where the actual thing looks even better than the photos. The staff was really helpful and it's in a really convenient location. If there were more places like this around (for the price) then I would have to quit my job cause I'd be travelling all the time!

Room Tip: Our room had an adorable little mini balconey - ask for that!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank IN2665

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Best value for money accommodation I've ever had in Madrid. Located in a building at the end of the pedestrian shopping street Preciados, next to Metro station Santo Domingo, on the 2nd (reception, rooms) and 3rd floor (apartments). Black-and-white minimal design, comfortable modern rooms with bathroom, and the biggest plus: friendliest and most competent reception ever, that makes you feel at home. Only drawback: central A/C on 2nd floor seemed unable to cope with the heatwave of nearly 40 degrees that had hit Madrid.

Room Tip: opt for apartments on the 3rd floor: they are luxurious, have separate A/C units, living-room and fu...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RexTsatsaroglou
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I had never been to Madrid. Hostal Gala has really CUTE rooms (if you have one with a window facing the front, so be sure to ask for that. I first had a room in the back facing a light well and it was depressing. But they moved me the next day and really took care of me.

The desk clerks are SUPER FRIENDLY, all speak PERFECT ENGLISH, and know the city well. Irene was especially awesome.

The location was convenient, close to three or four metro stations all within a block or two away.

The room facing out was light and bright and very clean (except for a bit of mold near the shower). The rooms all have private bath and air conditioning (but it does take a few hours for the room to cool down). I especially liked the gauzy curtains I could close but still let light in, and the room was very well INSULATED FROM NOISE from the street. I slept really well.

The only big negative for me was NOISE from inside the hotel. Sound really carries along the long hallway of the hostal along all the rooms, and when people check in you can hear everything they say.

But I do RECOMMEND this place. For $80 a night in summer in Madrid? Really, really good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing out along the front of the hotel. You'll get a lot of light that way and...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed there only for a night in august 2011 as I landed in Madrid by myself before my friends got there. I was very worried since i was a solo female traveller but it turned out the be a great experience! The place is clean and modern, it looks just like the pictures no joke!! The staff was super nice, gave me lots of tips and I guess they could tell I was nervous because they came to check up on me twice :) Location is convenient as well, lots of cafes and restaurant around the hostel. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

Booked after 2 other hotels couldn't accommodate us as a group of 9 (hen party, ages 28+)

Arrived, outside doesn't do it any justice, neither does the word 'hostal', but the rooms were amazing.

We stayed in the apartments 'sydney' and 'london' with kitchen, dining and lounge area.

Decor was so cool with black and white theme.

Service was also brilliant, so helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2012
Perth
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We had a large double room, plenty of space. Our room looked just like the photos, first time that has happened to us. Brilliant location, easy walking to major attractions. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple