“Will come back”
Review of Hostal Gala

Hostal Gala
Ranked #184 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was th second time we stayed in Hostal Gala. Perfect rooms, perfect location, very friendly staff. We stayed in a hotel before, but Gala is the best choice. We surly will stay the again next time

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My brother and I stayed here for two nights and we were not disappointed!
It was incredibly easy to find from the train station, and contrary to some of the reviews- they have a large flag and sign out the front of the building to locate their entry!
We have a twin room close to reception and enjoyed a great view into the street from our bedroom! The staff were so friendly and accommodating and gave us sound advice to explore the City. Everything was in walking distance!

Our room was neat and clean and in comparison to the unbelievably reasonable price it was a real steal! The walls were thin.... we could hear light chatter from the people in the next room; so we left our windows open and slept with the sound of the City- which was nice in itself!

I would warmly recommend this Hostel for those on a tight budget but still enjoy a little quality for their money!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend on our 5 week travels! The room was modern very simple but had a small balcony that we enjoyed a drink each night people watching from.

I have to give a special mention to a gentleman at reception. Sorry we didn't catch his name but had recently returned from living in America. His customer service was above and beyond and so helpful! Thankyou!!

Overall a great place to stay in madrid!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I went there with my wife and my niece earlier this June. I have to say; I´m very happy with Hostal Gala. Even though it´s only a hostel, they try to make it work like a 5-star resort as much as they can.

We had reserved a triple room, but when we got there they gave us an apartment they had upstaris, with a full bathroom and kitchen. It was spotless clean and very modern-looking. The beds were excellent; brand new latex matresses.

The location is absolutely superb, being able to walk to all the main hot-spots in the downtown. Around the hotel there are plenty of options from supermarkets, to bars and restaurants. My wife was thrilled to be only minutes away walking from shopping frenzy. I was more concerned with visiting the more historic sites around the hostel.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful when explaining the surroundings. When we left they were also kind enough to print our boarding passes and order a taxi to the airport, since they noticed that we were in a bit of a hustle.

When I return to Madrid, well, now I know where my home away from home is.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jhon w
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Booked a three bed room for my mam, sister and I. Wasn't sure if it would be too much like a hostel for my mam or not but we were on a budget and it was only €90 a night for the room. When we got there we were upgraded to a two bed apartment for free which was great. It was on a very quite landing that did not have any of the usual hotel or hostel noises. There was a bit of noise from the street and surrounding apartments at night but I wore ear plugs and had no problem sleeping. It is in a lovely old apartment building and has a lift. Te staff were very nice and friendly. The rooms were cleaned everyday and fresh towels left in. It was spotless, The location is great, it is just off Gran Via and is a 10 minute walk to the palace and Plaza Espana. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mearbhall
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here 4 nights in May. The location is great. You can walk to most sights and metro stations. There are little delis and supermarkets around the hotel so you can buy drinks and etc cheap. And there are take-out restaurants, cafes or tapas bars (less touristic). You can also walk up to less touristic neighborhood (less than 5 minutes).

The staff was super helpful and responsive. If you buy food, they can store food in the fridge.

I had an inner single room. You can open windows but there is no view other than air shaft. The room is TINY. But it has everything you need and is clean. Lights, hanging shelves, TV, AC and Internet. The water pressure in the shower is amazing!

My only issue was the thin wall. You can hear your neighbor snoring. ;) But you can solve this issue with ear plugs.

Thank you everyone at Hostal Gala!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed in hostal Gala for two night in May. The staff was very friendly, the rooms was nice and very clean and the bed was very confortable.The location was very excellent, We were able to walk to many of the sites. there are an abundance of restaurants and shop.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends