“Great location and good value”
Review of Hostal Zamora

Hostal Zamora
Ranked #212 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

Very nice spot on a plaza. Close to the action and sights but very quiet. Lots of good restaurants around here too.

About ten minutes from the prado. Staff were very nice and friendly. Good security. Great location and good value. Would recommend for a cheap stay. Not especially stylish or atmospheric but good value.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank 333Claire

Reviewed 30 November 2012

The highlight was Jose, the guy at the desk. He went out of his way to help me through an airline ordeal: Once again Ibereia Airlines left my luggage behind and I had nothing with me upon check in. Jose showed me, on the computer, where to find what I needed and was willing to help in any way. The room was warm and clean and though right in the center of activity, it was very quiet. The price was good. I'm not exactly sure of the defiition of a hostal---but, I had a private room and bath. It was one floor in a building with other hostals on other floors. It is not a grand hotel but it had everything that I needed including wifi.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jorodo
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I would welcome this hostal/hotel to anyone who is in Madrid to see the sights for a few nights.
The staff were welcoming, friendly and most helpful. The room was clean and tidy with a lovely veranda view of the plaza/square.
Above all, Hostal Zamora is ideally located. Within a ten minute walk you can get to most of the main tourist spots...Plaza Mayor, Plaza del Sol, Prado, Retiro Park and the Gran Via is just 400 metres.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pete c
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Stayed here in July when rooms in Chueca can be hard to come by. The location was perfect, the staff was incredibly friendly, and the room was very clean. I booked several months in advance, but the single room wasn't available the last night of my stay. I asked to be switched to one if it became available and was impressed that they'd actually kept that notation on the books for all those months. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The "hostal" is located on the top floor of an old building close to Madrid centre (Plaza Vazquez).
The room was clean with a small and nice private bathroom, perfect for a short stay in the city.
Most notably, there is free 24h wifi connection in every room.
A member of the staff is always at the reception, with the possibility to come back home late.
The staff is very kind and helpful.
We'll strongly suggest this hostal to everyone as a good, cheap and well-located accomodation for a weekend in Madrid.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

This was not our first choice hostal - it was our 4th choice actually but all the other places we looked at were booked. The location was great - Chuecas is a really fun area with great, alternative restaurants, the new market located down the road and only a block or two off of Gran Vía. However, I felt really uncomfortable during my entire stay because of the "friendly" staff. In order to enter you must ring a doorbell and wait for someone to open the door (this always takes some time). Before you leave you must leave your key at the front in a box (this is normal in Spain to leave your key at the front desk and it never bothered me before) but when you come back you're not allowed to grab it from the box. You aren't allowed to adjust the AC temperature either in your room so I was either freezing or really hot. The internet didn't work and the bathroom was very small like another reviewer said. The walls are also super thin and I was woken up by my neighbors alarm every morning and also heard suitcases being wheeled down the hall (I was the first room right next to the lobby). Overall, I felt like I was staying at a host family's house and had to walk on cracked eggshells. I felt uncomfortable the entire time and although the location was great and the price was reasonable - I would not stay here again.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is very convenient not far off Calle de Grand Via, close to metro and major sites. The rooms were basic but clean and offered a comfortable bed. The bathroom in our room was very small making it difficult to manuver while performing routine tasks. While the room was clean, there was some mold in the grout of the shower/tub area..

1  Thank twigor