Hostal Ivor
US$200
Agoda.com
US$348
  • Restaurant
All reviewscalle del arenalgreat locationshort walksingle roomtapastvmetroreceptionwifi
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I had an excellent stay here at the end October. The location is fabulous.....central to all major sites...easy to take the Metro or walk. My room no.13 was extremely clean. When I asked for a hairdryer and fridge, they were delivered to me immediately. The adjustable thermostat in the room (heat) worked well....not too hot or too cold. The staff is great...very friendly and helpful. Though, I did have difficulty with internet/wi-fi......This is an old building with thick walls, difficult to get a connection....very intermittent; but was able to get a strong connection in the lobby/registration desk on the 2nd floor (I occasionally kept the receptionist company there while checking my email). Plenty of electrical outlets, too, for gadgets! En-suite bathroom was kept immaculately. Water pressure in shower was great; small shampoo and aloe vera gel soap was a nice touch. I had a room with a balcony overlooking Calle de Arenal. It can be noisy some nights as it is a main pedestrian street, but street noise does not bother me. Street cleaners are very meticulous in the wee hours of the morning. TV in room has all Spanish-language stations. I was extremely impressed with this little hostal and look forward to future stays here. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Very good location, friendly staff, very clean.
I definitely will go back again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 10 October 2012

A great value Hostal right in the centre of Madrid, excellent location for walking to all the major sites. The room and ensuite were spotlessly clean. The staff are very friendly and happy to help. It mentions on the website that there are mini fridges in each room, we were in two single rooms and neither had a fridge, but when we mentioned this a small fridge was brought straight away :). I would definately recommend the Hostal Ivor for a budget stay in Madrid. I will be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank carlybumpkin
Reviewed 11 August 2012

this is more like motel to me. extremely central location but the rooms are surprisingly quiet! love it! the owner's very hands on and the rest of the staff are very friendly!! very clean place! rooms come with private toilet/bathroom,air-con n tv! air-con is sooo handy for madrid's sizzling summer. hostel price for motel level! love it!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank NZGW
Reviewed 31 July 2012

For the price, it doesn't get much better than Hostal Ivor in Madrid. Right near the Sol stop on the metro, it is located in a prime place in town near several shops, restaurants, and sights. That being said, the noise levels can get high during the night as Madrid comes alive, but if you close your balcony doors (we had a juliet balcony) and turn on the air conditioning, it becomes much less of an issue. The room and bathroom was clean with working a/c and a small refridgerator perfect for storing our waterbottles. Staff was helpful and easy to work with. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay at Hostal Ivor.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple