“Great Wine Tour in Madrid!”

Gourmet Madrid Tours
US$83.87*
Madrid Cooking Class: Learn How to Make Paella
Ranked #4 of 112 Food & Drink in Madrid
More attraction details
Owner description: Winery tours,Tapas tours and cooking classes. Enjoy the gourmet side of Madrid and its countryside assembling wine, food, history and lots fun by our team of local professionals.
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Jaime was our guide, and he went above and beyond what we expected. Gave us historical backgrounds on the areas we drove thru and about the towns we were going to visit.
The wineries were a good selection: from modern to old school processing. All very informative and a great experience. The caves at ValSotillo is a must see! The lunch at Lagar de San Vicente was very good. I'm not a lamb eater, but I tried it and it was amazing! Great selection ordered by our guide. The Legaris winery had very beautiful scenery surrounding the winery. All very efficient use of light and technology. I would definitely recommend using this company for anyone who wishes to visit wineries and new to Spain.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The tapas tour was the highlight of our stay in Madrid, we did it the first day and we are so glad about it. We learnt all about tapas, history, culture and of course many tips we could use on our now the next days. Our guide was wonderful, the food was delicious and the wines very good. Although at the end we had to have a beer. There were 4 more people, 6 in total and we all had a really good time. We highly recommend it.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was travelling in Spain on my own and as I love cooking, I thought it would be a great idea to try some cooking in Madrid. A friend of mine had recommended Gourmet Madrid to me and told me that he had a great experience so I thought I'd give it a go.

I paid €70 for a 3 hour lesson which I think is very reasonable, for that you get to participate to create 3 dishes including wine and the lunch that you eat is what you have cooked. Julia the teacher is a lovely, down to earth teacher who adds humour and has the ability to teach fluently in English.

Julia took our group (of 6 people) to the food mall to buy some ingredients and allowed the brave to order what we needed in Spanish. It's worth mentioning that the classroom is at Mercado Torrijos which is less than a 5min walk from Goya metro station. The experience basically consists of buying the some of the ingredients and helping to prepare and cook the patata con frittata (potato omelette), paella and poached pears in red wine and greek yoghurt. I had a great time meeting other travellers, chatting with them, drinking wine throughout the morning and interacting well with Julia.

All in all, a great experience and recommended if you're looking for something different to do.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Wonderful day! Jaime was our guide and we only had two others on the tour so it felt very personal. Nice change from the city and very honoured to meet the hardworking winemaking families of the area who are creating wine in the old tradition. I never knew you could hear wine. I appreciated the wine stained fingers and lips of our first small family winemaker. Enjoyed the history of the caves and clay jugs used to make wine at the second. Appreciated the delightful daughter of the current winery owner and her charm. I loved that she sat down with us and drank wine. Lunch was wonderful..Jaime was so knowledgeable and the extras including ushering us through a local person's home to see the view were a special treat you don't get with a large group. Well worth the money. Thanks for a great experience!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This professional teaching kitchen is located within a wonderful fresh food market. Our small group of 4 started out by being instructed how to order in spanish from the fish mongers the seafood needed for paella. Our instructor had the right mx of chef, entertainer, teacher and mother that made for both an enjoyable and educational experience. She was very patient with us as we cleaned, chopped, assembled and cooked paella, Spanish tortilla (potatoes, onions and eggs) and pears poached in wine. The class was well organized, included wine throughout and culminated in an excellent lunch of the fruits of our labor.