“Do as the locals do...”
Review of Chocolat Madrid

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Centro
Description: The specialty is chocolate with churros, cakes, cakes ... We also have sandwiches, toasts, hamburgers, Spanish omelet, eggs with bacon, with ham, etc.
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

I had to try the local breakfast of chocolate con churros and here it was easy to sit at the counter, enjoy the breakfast and soak in the experience. Unhealthy I'm sure, but worth it.

1  Thank Porridge9
Write a reviewReviews (798)

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed a cheerful breakfast on the way to the Prado - we ordered a couple of breakfast sandwiches, and go talked into the churro as the house specialty. Given the Prado in front of us, I'm glad we agreed.
The food was from a limited menu, but tasty and filling. The churro turned up with a large cup of chocolate sauce, and although we are not normally sweet tooths, we did enjoy them. A thoughtful gift of a little pastry, and coffee and juice sent us happily on our way.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

The churros con chocolate were ok, but i wont return there for my next breakfast. Not enough choices.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

We happened to be strolling around the old town when my husband and I found this corner breakfast bar. Wow! Holy cow the churro a were AMAZING!!! The place was packed with people at 10am enjoying hot chocolate and fresh squeezed orange juice. Servers were friendly chocolate decadent. Go there!!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Robinrobin8888
Reviewed 8 August 2016

New to Madrid last year, the proprietor of my hotel recommended we try Chocolat for chocolat con churros. We fell in love with the place the first time we visited. The food was good and the service was great, the place was spotless, including the bathroom area. As some reviewers have mentioned, the 'porros' are very greasy and I avoided them. The chocolate con churros was delicious and was very good compared with others I had tried in other cities in Spain. Upon my return to Madrid this year, I headed back to Chocolat and had breakfast there most days. It was a nice and relaxing start to the day to have a good coffee, a bite to eat, good service and a friendly atmosphere while getting on the Wifi to plan my day or catch up on emails. It is a small cafe and gets busy with locals and visitors. Be sure to have a glass of the fresh orange juice. I tried a few different things on the menu and all were good. I didn't have any complaints about the food. The prices were very reasonable and the offer of a free sweet after the meal was a nice touch. Location is good too, very near the Prado and about a 15 minute walk to the Atoche train station and Reina Sofia Museum. When I return to Madrid, I'll be stopping by Chocolat to get my day started.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank CaperJR
Juan Alfonso B, Propietario at Chocolat Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016