“Good airport hotel for business”

Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport
Ranked #189 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Montreal, Canada
“Good airport hotel for business”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

A brand new property, the Crowne Plaza is a f modern and clean hotel offering excellent accommodations for business or airport access.
This property is run as a franchise and this shows in some aspects that are not completely in line with this chain's standards, although the majority of divergences are good.

The rooms are large and comfortable with good desks and excellent internet connectivity.

Bathrooms are very clean and modern, although the shower was small and tended to clog.

Breakfast is excellent with lots of variety and freshness. Dinner is equally good and service throughout is very attentive and efficient.

The parking lot is convenient and reasonably priced, but I would definitely recommend getting a car as the hotel is difficult to reach otherwise as it's ticked in next to an industrial zone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CPMManagement, Director General at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We would primarily like to thank you for choosing to stay at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport.

Hotel Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Duxbury, Vermont
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A group of 6 of us booked this hotel for an overnight to catch a flight back to the U.S. It has all the amenities we needed: free WiFi, a restaurant, and comfortable rooms. The hotel looks unassuming from the outside but inside, the decor is contemporary and sleek. Check-in was easy. Dinner was very good, although we would have appreciated at least a smile from one of the servers. The breakfast buffet was ample and delicious. The hotel is designed for the business traveler.

The shuttle took about 20 minutes to pick us up at the airport. It left right on schedule from the lobby the next morning. Yes, it's a distance away from the airport, so you should not expect a quick trip.

I'd stay here again for an overnight.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Washington, UK
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've got mixed feelings about this hotel, the price is good - I like staying at IHG properties and I'm a gold member. I should have read more carefully the reviews especially about the shuttle bus.

I would say that if you are running an airport hotel, the most important thing to get right is the shuttle bus. I arrived at the airport and called to be told that the shuttle bus would be 5-10mins so I went directly to the stop, waited 20 minutes and nothing arrived. Called the hotel again to be told that I've missed it and tough luck you will have to wait until the next one in 50 minutes time.

Really poor service, I saw the bus for the Hiton and Axor hotels pass three times in the time I waited for the Crowne Plaza minibus. So it took around 1.5 hours to wait for the bus and get to the hotel (my flight from London was only two hours!).

Check in was quick, I was given an upgrade to a King room, which was on the grountd floor and well appointed. Wifi was free and quick, and there was a free minibar with some soft drinks included which I thought was a nice touch. I took breakfast the next morning, which had a wide selection of food - although items quickly ran out they were replaced and it was not too crowded.

Shuttle back to the terminal was booked for 10am and departed ontime. I would possibly consider a different hotel next time staying near Madrid airport, the shuttle service was rather poor and they need to re-think the 1 hour wait policy for customers arriving and wanting to relax or have business to do.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear pwelch,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for being a Gold Elite member of our IHG Rewards Club program. It was a pleasure to have hosted you recently and I am glad that you liked our free minibar and breakfast.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced with our airport shuttle pick up. Your satisfaction is of utmost concern to us as we always strive to make your stay a great one. Rest assured that your comments will be used to consider improvements where necessary to avoid the same incidents from happening in the future.

Once again, thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to host you again.

Best Regards,

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel is. We stayed for one night (22 May 2014) before catching a flight to Miami. The only hitch was the long wait for the shuttle at the arrivals area in Terminal 4. We waited for over 45 minutes before I finally re-entered the terminal to buy a SIM chip for $5 for my mobile phone so that I could call the hotel. Once I called, the shuttle was there in a few minutes. That $5 chip came in handy the next day when my wife and I took the shuttle to the airport for our flight home. I left a backpack in the shuttle so I pulled out the mobile and brought up the hotel number from the previous evening's call. The desk clerk (whose name I forgot to ask) called the shuttle driver and she was back to meet us at the terminal in a few minutes. I can't thank these two enough for saving us a lot of grief. Back to our check-in the previous evening: Isabelo, the desk clerk on duty, was simply amazing. Working with a speed that I haven't seen before, he had us checked in very quickly, including making the shuttle reservation for the next day. He also facilitated the printing of our boarding passes later in the evening. He was a certainly a model of efficiency and very kind and friendly. I had the opportunity to observe him with other customers who came in later, and he exhibited the same level of efficiency; it was truly delightful to watch him in action. Our room (205) was wonderful, perhaps the best room we had experienced in six weeks of travelling in Spain and Germany. It was on par with luxury hotels that we have stayed in, but at a fraction of the price. While there isn't anywhere to go in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, there is a shuttle that will take you to the Plenilunio Mall, which is close by. We will certainly book this hotel on future trips, and I hope that Isabelo is on duty to check us in.

Room Tip: Our room, #205, faced an interior enclosure and was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
CPMManagement, Director General at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We note with pleasure that your experience at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport was a great one.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had to wait almost 90 minutes for the shuttle bus at the airport. This was terribly annoying at 10 PM, having had to wake up and return to the airport at 3:30 AM the next morning...
After standing more than an hour at the airport hotel shuttle bus stop (having seen other hotels' shuttles returning for the third time within that hour...) I gave the hotel a call and then the shuttle bus came in 15 minutes.
The hotel itself and the room is excellent, but we only used it for a one night stayover between flights and this shuttle issue ruined our experience.

1 Thank Robert R
CPMManagement, Director General at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We´re really sorry for all inconvenences. Shuttle service works properly, We ´ll check the service.

Bigfork, Montana
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We only spent one night here prior to our flight. It's located in an industrial type of area and there isn't much around other than some more hotels. Restaurants are also not easily accessible, however there is one in the hotel. The hotel was very nice and reasonably priced. Excellent beds and we heard absolutely no airport noise which amazed me. There was a scheduled shuttle service back and forth to the airport as well. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor facing away from the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
CPMManagement, Director General at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 12 May 2014

California
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I was really surprised how nice this hotel is for the price I paid. I was happy with the amenities provided since none of the European hotels had coffee makers in rooms, spent two weeks traveling in the Iberia region. The free shuttle to the airport was great.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
CPMManagement, Director General at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2014