“Big Drinks and Tapas”

Neighbourhood: Chueca
Saudi Arabia
“Big Drinks and Tapas”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We went to this place after being recommended by a friend. It was easy to fill up on generously sized drinks and tapas, no need to stop anywhere else for more food. For 20-25 Euro 6 of us had a drink and our fill of croquetas, potatos, and various kinds of tostas, most with ham or other meats on top. It's bar food, so it isn't very healthy, but it was delicious. Honestly the croquetas were better than those we had at several other places in Madrid, and they were plentiful! My favorite part was that my mojito came in a HUGE cup, as did the beers. The wine was also a generous serving. It was a little crowded when we came, but there was space in the additional room upstairs. Note that this place has two locations on the same street; we stopped at the first one, but it was packed, so they sent us to the second one. Really fun time with great value for the money and yummy tapas!

• Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great place!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I would call it a typical student bar. Although it's always crowded and loud, you can't get tired of this place. You pay 5/6 euros for a beer (or sangria, mojito) jar and you get the best (also the biggest) tapas in your life. Absolutely love it.

• Visited January 2014
Quorn, United Kingdom
“Good but basic”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

If you are used to paying £4+ for a beer in England with no food provided then this is a bargain. Especially popular with students and those on a tight budget. €3 gets you a beer plus enough food for the evening. It is not the greatest tapas and is a little carb heavy but it is acceptable. I would n't make a point of searching it out, but if I was passing and was hungry, I would be happy to grab a cheap meal and drink.

Visited April 2014
Elkridge,MD
“Free tapas, fun, yes it is busy”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

the free tapas are good, they come with the drinks and they choose what you get. I found a small tip may get you a choice. It was busy, hard to get a spot (there was a soccer game on), but I liked the energy of the place. Beers and mohitos are large.

Visited April 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“For anyone on a budget”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was studying abroad in London in 2013. A classmate of mine from Madrid recommended grabbing a bit to eat (and drink) at El Tigre. Holy cow. I am so glad that I stopped in! When you order a huge drink (go with the Sangria) from one of the friendly staff members, you get a free plate of tapas. Luckily, I was with a group of 8, so we had enough food to satisfy ourselves for lunch AND dinner. All of the tapas are different, and absolutely delicious. Will you eat too much? Yes. Will you drink too much? Yes. Is it absolutely worth it? You bet!

• Visited June 2013