“Mediocre food, lame service”
Review of Cafe de Levante - CLOSED

Cafe de Levante
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Went to this place looking for a traditional paella. The food was not bad but it wasn't good enough for me to want to come back; it was accessible (compared to other restaurants nearby), nevertheless. The service was very lame; the waiters were distracted and didn't make an effort to make us feel welcome, and I actually add to ask twice for the bill.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were invited to come in by a nice gentleman and we thought that the food would be ok; we were wrong. I ordered a lasagna (yes, I know I should had asked something Spanish but I didn't feel like) and it looked like frozen food to me. My companion's food wasn't good at all and we were really shocked when we got the bill: 40 €, including two drinks. Never again. They advertise paella at 6,90€, and I am pretty afraid it could taste like frozen food as well.

1  Thank Martin G
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Ordered sirloin steak well done x two one with salad no dressing. Arrived without salad. Sent back and returned with salad no apology! Both steaks rare and the one without salad on chipped plate! Pointed out and plates removed meat recooked. Steaks grizzle disgusting! Left more than half on plate and waiter asked if i would like it recooked that would have been 3x for same meat! Offered coffee no thanks we paid 48 euro for cold soup half bottle wine and disgusting steak and awful service! Avoid at all costs not worth it

1  Thank Dw0175
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Excellent location with open air tables on lovely day, fast service and an extensive menu.
Food was superb and great value too, we would go back again any time.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Very expensive bad taste. This is the worst I've ever eaten in Spain.
Don't recommend.
without starter 2 dishes with 2 soft drinks that cost 46 Euro.