“Great Value Right in the Heart of Madrid”

NH Collection Palacio de Tepa
Ranked #30 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I really can't say anything bad at all about this hotel. The rooms were modern and the bathroom was stocked with lots of goodies. Great balcony to get some fresh air. Internet worked pretty well in the room. Nice place to sit outside and have a drink. Close to the shopping district, nightlife and lots of good food. Best of all, it was a good value. If I were to go back to Madrid, I'd stay here.

Room Tip: If you could get a room that faces the plaza, I think that would be better than facing the alley, bu...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for NH Collection Palacio de Tepa

Reviewed 1 November 2012

My fiance and I spent four nights at the Palacio de Tepa this past July and would highly recommend the hotel to anyone traveling to Madrid. The location was perfect -- on Plaza San Angel, just steps away from the busy Plaza Santa Ana. Estado Puro at the hotel was great for a late afternoon drink sitting on the plaza or a quick drink before dinner. We booked a superior room and could not have been happier -- the room was spacious and decorated in a cool contemporary fashion, the bathroom and shower were great, and the room had all of the modern amenities we could ask for. It was a welcome respite from the heat of Madrid in July. The concierges booked restaurant reservations for us ahead of our stay and were very helpful in person, as well. We choose this hotel over the Westin Palace (which in my opion, seemed a bit dusty) and the ME Reina Victoria (which in my opinion, seemed a bit too W-ish with tiny rooms) and were so glad we did. We will without question stay here the next time we are in Madrid.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ashjoffe23
Reviewed 25 October 2012

we loved this hotel ! it started with a divine smell in the lobby ( there is a parfume in the aircondition system of the lobby ) and the reception frendly service
we had a room facing the inner yard which was quite and comfortable , the beds are excellent
the bathroom had Bulgari toiletries
brekfast is good ( with organic products )
the location also is ideal , by foot to plaza del Sol , and all the tapas bar around
we fully recomend this hotel !

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We were there from October 8th till 11th and we stayed in the top floor where the executive rooms are - the room smelled a kind of strange with humid smell - I hit my head a couple of time in the ceiling wood beams (they look nice but not practical to have them)... Nevertheless, bed was comfortable and rooms clean. Breakfast was kind a poor below average Spanish hotels - even the restaurant was very dark.
Hotel location was very good and was something that was appreciated whenever we felt like drinking or eating something.
In general Spanish people (I have been visiting Spain since 1992) are not very friendly and not willing to speak or learn another languages... They should start doing something on those 2 issues otherwise a lot of tourists will stop going to Spain and will shift to Portugal where was our next destination on this holiday (Portugal is very very nice)

Room Tip: It is better not to go to this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We found this hotel very well located in the city. This was our first time to Madrid and we had planned sightseeing as the key to our time in Madrid. We like walking and were could walk to The Prado Museum, the big Plaza Mayor and the Santa Ana square from here. The Santa Ana square is really good to visit.
The hotel is really nice and in a well restored classic old building that makes it really interesting.
We also made the most of the free wi-fi that we had in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The lobby and the breakfast are brilliant. Unfortunately the rooms cannot be qualified as 5* rooms. The room itself was 3.4m x 3.6m (circa 10 m2), furniture are so and so. Very nice bathroom though.
Fitness very small, a little disappointing.
I love the location close to the Me hotel and Placa Mayor. Very centrl for good mix business and leisure.
I will probably come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2012

NH Palacio de Tepa was a perfect hotel for my stay in Madrid. I would highly recommend it. The location is incredible! It was located in a small square and was walking distance to museums, the main square (Plaza Mayor), and many other tourist attractions. I booked the Junior Suite and the hotel was flexible enough to accomodate my family of four (wife and two daughters).

The only word of caution I have is that the online picture of the Junior Suite is not representative of all the Junior Suites. When we first checked in, the Junior Suite we were given was much smaller than the one in the pictures. I was pretty upset given that we booked this specific hotel assuming that the Junior Loft Suite would be roomy enough to accomodate my family of four. The front desk told me that the Junior suite pictured online was not available through online bookings... However, reception was nice enough to switch me into the bigger Junior Suite given that it was vacant. This was much appreciated.

Would also highly recommend the tapas restaurant attached to the hotel! The tapas are not your regular tapas, but are innovative and beautifully presented.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family