“Great Visit staying in Hotel Villa Real in Madrid”
Review of Hotel Villa Real

Hotel Villa Real
Ranked #32 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
San Jose, California
“Great Visit staying in Hotel Villa Real in Madrid”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We were in Madrid three weeks ago an homebased at Hotel Villa Real in Madrid. It was an excellent hotel, with a very central location and a short walk to the Prado and Retiro Park. The staff bent over backwards to help us out in any way and the outdoor cafe/bar was nice to come home to late at night after having our dinner. We would then have an after dinner drink!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director General at Hotel Villa Real, responded to this review, 3 October 2011

Esta respuesta es la opinión subjetiva del representante de la dirección

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newburyport, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Villa Real while visiting Madrid in August. Out of the 7 hotels we stayed during our trip across Spain and Mallorca- Hotel Villa Real offered the best service. We arrived there at 8AM, feeling exhausted from our overnight flight into Madrid, but the receptionist made us feel completely welcome by immediately checking us into our room. They also upgraded us to a wonderful two story room with a balcony overlooking the city, however their generosity solified our wonderful experience when we arrived in our room on the next day to find a red rose and delicious bottle of wine to enjoy as a thank for staying at their hotel.

During our stay, the entire staff was incredibly friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make sure that we had a great time. It was so nice to start our trip with such a wonderful, and welcoming greeting.

Also, the location is fantastic- tons of restaurants, a 10 minute walk to the Plaza Mayor, 5 minute cab to the train station, and minutes from the Prado and Reina Sofia.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

usa
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This hotel is in a great location. The rooms are very large and comfortable. They may be a little dated decor-wise, but who cares? Large windows, a full-size living room set below the bedroom, and a very large bathroom with nice shower and bathtub. Oh, and lots of closet space. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've had -- superb selection, classy display, with excellent service from the waitstaff. Wonderful art to look at (the old art was amazing, the new modern art in the lobby I could live without.) We enjoyed a nightcap with delicious tapas every night at the bar off the lobby -- again, excellent service and really good food. We walked everywhere from here and thoroughly enjoyed our 4 nights.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

shangrila
Reviewed 10 September 2011

This hotel was recommended by a guide book. We are very pleased that we stayed here. The Hotel Villa Real is very near the Prado and Museo Thyssen and in a lovely neighborhood filled with good restaurants and bars. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room looked out over the Plaza which was very nice.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director General at Hotel Villa Real, responded to this review, 13 September 2011

New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I wouldn't give this hotel much more than a good location and a good value. Everything about the place is just fine. Nothing fancy or trendy. Barley a restaurant to mention.
But if you get a good room it will serve it's purpose. Reception and elevators dated. Ask for a room onthe front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the cheapest as no of them are going to be that nice
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Sir.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I stayed in villa real this time in Madrid and totally enjoyed it. The room is extra-ordinary, with the design of the room tasteful and modern, as well as functional. The bathroom facility is very good. It feels as if everything you could possibly need is provided. Hotel staff are very helpful an friendly. When I requested to stay a few hours more sue to the flight time, it was given straight away. I would love to go back again.
A few things to mention by the way. The restaurant within the hotel is expensive and the food is average, but next to the hotel there a million places to go, so it is not a problem. There's one hour free Internet everyday, but beyond that you have to buy the connection from a local provider, which claim to cover many places including the airport. If you use the connection in the hotel, it's alright, but in the airport, the speed is incredibly slow. Most of the hotels nearby have the same provider.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, and ask for one with belcony.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 August 2011

This hotel was a pleasant surprise for us. It made our stay in Madrid memorable, enjoyable, and trouble-free. We would stay there again. The hotel is central, a few minutes to the Prado, Retiro Park, Renfe, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Gran Via, Palacio Real. It is safe with many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank ViajeroXl
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director General at Hotel Villa Real, responded to this review, 30 August 2011