See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel is situated right in the heart of Madrid, not far from Sol Square and the metro station.
We had a three night stay and wished we'd stopped for longer. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, we have a very nice room on the second floor and the bathroom and shower were excellent. Our room balcony overlooked the main street and considering the location and the fact we were in the middle of a capital city the noise didn't disturb us and we both slept very well. We had breakfast each morning which was excellent with a selection of hot and cold food, loads to choose from. Would love to come back to Madrid asap!!!

Room Tip: We had 207 overlooking the main street, excellent!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
bwcarlosv, Director General at BEST WESTERN Carlos V, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Steve I
Let me start by thanking you for sharing your comments with the community. It’s great to know you enjoyed your stay at our hotel unbeatably located right at the heart of Madrid.
Looking forward to coming back to Madrid? Please, do; we’ll be glad to welcome you back home with us.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This hotel is perfectly situated in the centre of Madrid, although it could desperately do with a make over. The air conditioning in the room wasn't working correctly, so we slept with the windows open. There was an incredible amount of noise from the street below. Doubtful I would return to this hotel next time I am in Madrid

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
bwcarlosv, Director General at BEST WESTERN Carlos V, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear TheButcher27
Let me first of all thank you for sharing your comments with the community. Customers' feedback is our best way to try to improve our services and facilities.
I'd like to apologize for not having exceded your expectations. I would only like to ask you if you reported the malfunction of your AA unit; we have staff on duty 24/7 and I just wonder if it could have been solved within minutes.
I would also be grateful if you considered to give us another oportunity to serve you your next time in Madrid. Please do not hesitate to contact us and check if we have had the chance to make some renovations, we have some plans!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

One has to accept that Madrid is an very expensive city to visit so,one's expectations have to be lowered. Hotels prices far from reasonable. This Best Western is beautifully located, but the hotel is rather gloomy,the bed and pillows are lumpy this is a three star hotel ( Three Advisor) and not a three. The rooms are smaller than expected, shabby and and with paper thin walls, plus with the added noises street this is not a restful place. The bathroom is very sparse on toiletries.

If staying in a downtown hotel in Madrid is a major criterion this hotel is well placed and in walking distance to most tourist areas. In the central area it is "normal" to be pick pocketed, so leave your valuables in the hotel safe and only take what your need to sightsee-zip pockets are a must. The is an additional hotel fee for a key to you safe lock.

The breakfast is very ordinary and not very exciting.

On a positive active note the staff are very kind and helpful and are always willing to help.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
bwcarlosv, Director General at BEST WESTERN Carlos V, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Michael M
I want to start by thanking the time dedicated to share with the community your comments on our hotel.
I want to apologize for not being able to meet your expectations. We will take your valuable comments very much into consideration for future renovations.
I hope that on your next visit to Madrid we have been able to improve some of the negative aspects you pointed and you are so kind to give us another opportunity to serve you, where you can check these improvements.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Hotel is very old but impecable and very well kept. The room was charming, super clean and not noisy at all considering the super central location. The staff was incredibly attentive and friendly and make you feel welcome. The breakfast buffet was good but a little overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
bwcarlosv, Director General at BEST WESTERN Carlos V, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Ester N
Let me first of all thank you for sharing your commetns eith the comunity. I'm glad to know you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we were able to make you feel comfortable despite our busy location right in the heart of Madrid.
It would be great to welcome you back your next time in Madrid.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

just returned from this hotel.i LOVED my visit. the place is immaculate, informative and centrally located to all mass transit..the staff is extremely professional and helpful--especially employee Emmanuel.
i also was provided car service to and fro airport-which was also excellent. car service is called aerocity .
i never wanted to leave!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Denise C
bwcarlosv, Director General at BEST WESTERN Carlos V, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Denise C
Let me first of all thank you for sharing your opinion with the community. It’s great to know you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our unbeatable location right in the heart of downtown Madrid.
I’ll be glad to inform Emmanuel of your comments; he will feel proud to be recognized, though he’s just doing his duty. You know when you stay at a Best Western you are staying with people who care.
It would be lovely to have you back with us in case you return to Madrid.