“Excelled in all ways!”
Review of Villa Magna

Villa Magna
Ranked #12 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We're in the hotel business and regularly stay in 5 star hotels. Villa Magna is a welcome return to true luxury. Every detail is attended to. Whilst the property, rooms, restaurant, bar, etc are all outstanding, it is the service that differentiates this hotel They anticipate, remember names, always have an answer, smile and everywhere! The manager and owner of this hotel deserve great credit for maintaining such a wonderful standard in these tough times.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
hotelvillamagna, Director General at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you for your kind words, which I have shared with all the staff. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Comments such as yours are especially significant as they come from a fellow professional whose knowledge of our industry is deep and broad. We very much value your words of praise and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

This is my second review for this awesome hotel, all of the positive comments which are mentioned in my previous review are still valid. The only difference this time is the improved customer service.
The reason I am posting this review today is just because I felt that I owe you this story. I stayed in the hotel again in March for few days. On my second day after coming from a long meeting, someone knocked my door, I opened and there was this beautiful lady that handed me a big envelope and said this is yours sir. At first, I thought this must have been a mistake, I have not ordered anything from the hotel but my full name was there on the envelope. I quickly opened it up, WOW, what is this? My things that I forgot 8 months ago are in there. I always leave things in hotels and go back to them, they don’t even recognize that I was there before and even if they do, my things are vanished. Although I was tired and was about to take a nap, I put my cloths on, went down to the reception to thank the management for this amazing personal touch that made them win a customer that will always stay in there while in Madrid, either for this or for all of the other great stuff that this lovely hotel has to offer.

Room Tip: I personally liked the prestiege room that has an over view over the front side of the hotel more th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank hamad7
hotelvillamagna, Director General at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read your comments following your recent stay with us. I wish to thank you for the details you highlighted as it is important for us to know what our guests appreciate, so that we can have those points as near to perfection as possible on their next visit.

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

This is a very sleek, modern looking hotel. Our room was very spacious. We had a deluxe room with a king bed. It was great. The bathroom was ultra modern--tub was separate from the shower (not a big deal, but...) The shower didn't have a stall around it. You just walked into the bathroom and turned it on. It was in the corner and there was a drain on the floor. Also, I didn't think we had a t.v. at first. There was a mirror in the room and that was the t.v.! The bed was super comfy and the pillows were perfect.

We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant (part of our package deal). The hostess brought over a little stool for my purse--really, now?!!! Some business men in the restaurant had their briefcases on stools also. The buffet was wonderful. You could also order something hot off the menu (eggs, pancakes) but no need to do that. The buffet was super.

The hotel is in close proximity to the Prado Museum--a must to visit. Also, nice restaurants within walking distance and not far from the train station also.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
hotelvillamagna, Director General at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. It was very thoughtful of you to take the time and let us know you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very happy you liked your room and the restaurant, and of course our marvelous Prado Museum.

With thanks again for your kind words, please receive warm regards from all of us at the Villa Magna.

Charles. L. Morris

Reviewed 21 April 2012

This is Madrid's equivalent of a lovely Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton or even Mandarin Oriental. Our rooms were beautiful (especially the upgrade), large (unusual for Europe) and even ready early. The hotel is very well located and impeccably kept. Minor nits: The concierges can be slightly warmer, and the gym is only OK. Overall, though, very highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We had wonderful rooms, 3 of us traveling in Spain. But the stuck-up staff was a thorne-in-the backside. Upon arrival at 4pm, one of my traveling partners asked what resturants were in the area, we all needed to eat. The responce 'nothing at this time of day' and pointed us to the lounge/bar for $50.00 hamburgers. Well the next morning, while exploring, behind the hotel, a huge department store with restraunts and market. Plus 1/2 block away entire street filled with restraunts all open! And that was only the start of dealing with the staff!

Room Tip: Face the street, sound proof windows. The rear room face a building.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pieper5
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We loved everything about this hotel from the rooms to the proximity of shopping and restaurants and tourist sites. The best thing about this hotel is the staff. They cannot do enough for you from the door men, front staff and concierge. The restaurant staff even took the time to explain all the wine regions very patiently in English. Will stay here again and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: We did get upgrade, but all rooms seem very stylish and overall found the hotel very quiet so sleep...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 66JJ
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My usual place in Madrid, service, room and location are still the best in Madrid. Great Breakfast, best Onion soup for dinner. Also noticed the prices for laundry at the hotel and those were offensive. This time I tried the Tse Yang restaurant and do not recommend it.
Will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms looking to Castellana Boulevard
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank jdr1000
hotelvillamagna, Director General at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Due to technical problems beyond our control, we have not been able to respond to our client's comments until now.

Apologies and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for your kind words about the Hotel Villa Magna. It was thoughtful of you to take the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very happy that you especially liked our breakfast and onion soup! With pleasure I will share your comments with the staff.

We look forward to your next visit to Madrid and the Villa Magna.