“Will return” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
London
“Will return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

This was my first trip to Madrid and I thoroughly enjoyed the Hotel Magna, and compliment the staff on the quality of service. The public areas , including the terrace in front, are beautiful and comfortable and there are four good eating options, including tapas in the bar. It's well within walking distance to the principal sights and only a 10 minute walk to the metro. Like some other comments, I found it very useful to have access through the rear to the shopping center.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
, Director General at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you very much for your warm and enthusiastic comments which I shared with my staff. It was so thoughtful of you to take the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay at the Villa Magna.

We hope you come back soon and I send you my kindest regards along with my appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments.

Charles L. Morris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

i would not know what to complain abouT and i would not know where the Hotel has a shortcoming.
We liked the inner court and used it to sneak out to Corte Ingles, very handy.
Service was great, top people and well trained staff who live for what they do.

strongly recommended.

Can not feel a economic crisis when you stay there!

ps / maybe the 7 euro for the capuccino where a bit on the highside... (PreCrisis Prices!!)

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

This has become our go to hotel in Madrid. The staff is wonderful, the restaurant is top notch...especially a good place to start the day for breakfast, but also fine dining. We love the fact Corte Ingles is just steps out the back door. The location is prime without being in the too touristy areas. The rooms are spacious, quiet and the bathrooms are FABULOUS. This hotel has earned it's stars and works hard at keeping them gleaming. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hdss379
hotelvillamagna, Director General at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
I have read your generous comments about our staff and service and wish to tell you how grateful I am for your kind words. Your compliments give our employees an enormous stimulus.

I hope to welcome you back soon and send you my appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012 via mobile

We're in the hotel business and regularly stay in 5 star hotels. Villa Magna is a welcome return to true luxury. Every detail is attended to. Whilst the property, rooms, restaurant, bar, etc are all outstanding, it is the service that differentiates this hotel They anticipate, remember names, always have an answer, smile and everywhere! The manager and owner of this hotel deserve great credit for maintaining such a wonderful standard in these tough times.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words, which I have shared with all the staff. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Comments such as yours are especially significant as they come from a fellow professional whose knowledge of our industry is deep and broad. We very much value your words of praise and hope to welcome you back soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

This is my second review for this awesome hotel, all of the positive comments which are mentioned in my previous review are still valid. The only difference this time is the improved customer service.
The reason I am posting this review today is just because I felt that I owe you this story. I stayed in the hotel again in March for few days. On my second day after coming from a long meeting, someone knocked my door, I opened and there was this beautiful lady that handed me a big envelope and said this is yours sir. At first, I thought this must have been a mistake, I have not ordered anything from the hotel but my full name was there on the envelope. I quickly opened it up, WOW, what is this? My things that I forgot 8 months ago are in there. I always leave things in hotels and go back to them, they don’t even recognize that I was there before and even if they do, my things are vanished. Although I was tired and was about to take a nap, I put my cloths on, went down to the reception to thank the management for this amazing personal touch that made them win a customer that will always stay in there while in Madrid, either for this or for all of the other great stuff that this lovely hotel has to offer.

Room Tip: I personally liked the prestiege room that has an over view over the front side of the hotel more th...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank hamad7
hotelvillamagna, Director General at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read your comments following your recent stay with us. I wish to thank you for the details you highlighted as it is important for us to know what our guests appreciate, so that we can have those points as near to perfection as possible on their next visit.

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Palos Verdes Estates, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

This is a very sleek, modern looking hotel. Our room was very spacious. We had a deluxe room with a king bed. It was great. The bathroom was ultra modern--tub was separate from the shower (not a big deal, but...) The shower didn't have a stall around it. You just walked into the bathroom and turned it on. It was in the corner and there was a drain on the floor. Also, I didn't think we had a t.v. at first. There was a mirror in the room and that was the t.v.! The bed was super comfy and the pillows were perfect.

We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant (part of our package deal). The hostess brought over a little stool for my purse--really, now?!!! Some business men in the restaurant had their briefcases on stools also. The buffet was wonderful. You could also order something hot off the menu (eggs, pancakes) but no need to do that. The buffet was super.

The hotel is in close proximity to the Prado Museum--a must to visit. Also, nice restaurants within walking distance and not far from the train station also.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotelvillamagna, Director General at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. It was very thoughtful of you to take the time and let us know you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very happy you liked your room and the restaurant, and of course our marvelous Prado Museum.

With thanks again for your kind words, please receive warm regards from all of us at the Villa Magna.

Charles. L. Morris
Scarsdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

This is Madrid's equivalent of a lovely Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton or even Mandarin Oriental. Our rooms were beautiful (especially the upgrade), large (unusual for Europe) and even ready early. The hotel is very well located and impeccably kept. Minor nits: The concierges can be slightly warmer, and the gym is only OK. Overall, though, very highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family