“Mucho Bueno”
Review of Villa Magna

Villa Magna
Ranked #10 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is a lovely hotel in an ideal location. The food and service are terrific. I would highly recommend staying here for business or pleasure. The prolixity to shopping and museums is a plus. The garden in front is a lovely place to dine. You almost forget that you are in a major city.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read your comments following your recent stay with us. I wish to thank you for the details you highlighted as it is important for us to know what our guests appreciate and what we can improve.

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We spent two nights here on our first trip to Madrid. The room sizes were great. We were upgraded to a Club room. The food and beverage offerings were excellent. The inner courtyard was very relaxing for a pre dinner drink. The Chinese restaurant had some really good food. A brilliant location in Madrid. Shopping and sightseeing at a very easy distance. The staff at the hotel were very friendly. We will most certainly recommend this hotel to our friends and colleagues. A great place to stay in Madrid. The only thing missing is a swimming pool at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oberoi_SahlHasheesh
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your time in writing your positive reviews, We always have them in mind to continue improving our services. I have shared your comments with my team and they are both encouraged and motivated to know that you so enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope that you have enjoyed your time in Madrid, taking full advantage of our location for shopping and sightseeing, and have had a pleasant stay in the Hotel Villa Magna. We much look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Madrid.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

This is a most luxury hotel,The rooms are huge and comfortable very quiet. The linen was very soft
And crisp. The service is excellent , the position is also fine. But I must say it is more of a business hotel than a holiday hotel. I have stayed at other hotels in Madrid before although not the same luxury but the position far better if you want to enjoy the different plaza,s and eating there.

If you want luxury then stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. I wish to thank you for your compliments and the details you highlighted about our services. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will come visit again.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Recently stayed in a grand deluxe room. Very nice rooms, lots of space, muted and tastefully designed. the rooms were extremely quiet.

Walk in closet which is always nice and rain shower with very strong pressure.

The best thing however, were the bedsheets. Incredibly soft and by far the best i have ever seen. Tried buying it from the hotel but they said we couldn't. Made by a company, Bassol 1790, that only has a store in Barcelona or something.

The hotel is connected to a department store, El Corte Ingles, which is not that great. And is situated near the park, museums and designer brands.

All in all a very comfortable stay, with no hassles and competent staff.

Most locals we met in Madrid consider it the best hotel in the city.

Room Tip: Grand deluxe rooms are just the right size and within a reasonable budget. Book in advance and get t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NMATS
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments. I sincerely appreciate the details you highlight as it is important for us to know what our guests appreciate and what we can improve.
I thank you once again and hope you will have the time to return soon to visit us.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

We always stay at the Villa Magna. It is our home away from home and then better. Friendliness, cleanliness, location and above all comfort. You can sleep in those magnificent beds with beautiful linens and soft duvet for days!
Irene at the reception desk is excellent! And everyone at the concierge desk is willing to help you. We rate it as an A+++ hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank wanda p
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I had read a number of reviews of the Villa Magna and yes, it doesn't look much from the outside and yes the rooms at the back on the first floor have a view of a rooftop but that is not the essence of the hotel, which is luxury. The refurb was very tastefully done, the rooms are spacious and the public areas are nice places to relax. The turn down service was welcome and the room itself was incredibly quiet in the evening - I live in a village so am used to silence at night.

Service was great - I went for a run - head south past the Prado and into Parque Retiro for a great morning run, came back and had the door opened for me and the doorman had a bottle of Fiji mineral water for me. Now THAT is service. all of the staff were friendly and the location great.

Yes it's expensive, but this is a great hotel and i have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room Tip: rooms at the back of the hotel are very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GlobalStu
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read your comments following your recent stay with us. I wish to thank you for the details you highlighted as it is important for us to know what our guests appreciate and what we can improve, so that we can have those points as near to perfection as possible on their next visit.

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Truly world class service and unbeatable location make this the ndisputed number one in Madrid and one of the great grand hotels in Europe. Service stood out during a recent short stay. Best concierge in Europe..Will be back soon.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank raj m

We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Hotel Villa Magna, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

I have shared your comments with my team and they are both encouraged and motivated to know that you so enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Madrid.