“Best Hotel in Spain”

Ranked #7 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
The Woodlands, Texas
“Best Hotel in Spain”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Traveled all over northern Spain and decided to treat ourselves to some luxury before heading home to the USA. Wow this hotel is the epitome of luxury. From the doormen with white gloves to the true concierge service desk 24x7. You may spend a bit more however you get everything you pay for and much more. Traveling with two parents in wheel chairs and the staff could not be more accommodating. Can't say enough about the excellent service.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Randy A
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read your comments following your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with my team and they are both encouraged and motivated to know that you so enjoyed your stay with us

I wish to thank you for the details you highlighted as it is important for us to know what our guests appreciate and what we can improve.

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 September 2013

It's a beautiful downtown hotel with superb staff and beautiful facilities. Rooms are great. Great bar and courtyard area. Whether sightseeing or doing business this is an excellent hotel that will not disappoint!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Duncan192
Thank you very much for your kind words.

My staff and I hope you will regard the Villa Magna as your hotel in Madrid and hope you will visit us as often as you like. We will make every effort to make your stay comfortable.

My appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments.
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Let us start with the American Breakfast, There is an additional charge of $25 per day per room.. The astonishing buffet offers cheeses and meats of the world, salmon, home made breads, pastries, yogurts, omelets, cereals, breads, jams, croissants. bacon, ham. whole fresh fruits, scones and clotted cream with scones and that is just to start. They will then custom make anything else you can possibly think you may want to eat or drink. This will hold you over for half of a day and you may bring back to your room.

The rooms and service a par excellence~ The hotel is located right near the finest shops in the city and the best department stores. There are amazing sales at the end of August!

Room Tip: If you can get a junior suite they are more spacious, can sleep 2-3 and come with extra amenities!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jpresskin
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Would like to thank you most sincerely for your generous comments concerning the quality of our staff and our service. Your compliments are a source of great pride and motivation as we strive to set the highest standards at the Villa Magna.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, I send you my kindest regards along with our appreciation for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Thank you for staying at the Villa Magna.
san francisco
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

This was the first stop on our family trip through Spain and it was perfect. For our 8 family members we had two two bedroom suites. The rooms are spacious and the decor is serene but not stuffy. Excellent food in the restaurant, room service, lobby bar and Chinese restaurant. The conceirge was helpful. There is lots of excellent shopping right around the corner as well as a good assortment of places to eat. Easy to get anywhere in the city. Many taxis line up at the front door. Highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank CAtraveler65

San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Beautiful hotel, next to "El Corte Ingles" and Paseo de la Castellana,two blocks from the USA Embassy in Madrid,the rooms are modern,clean.
This Hotel is one of the most luxurious in Madrid, friendly staff, this is definitely the best hotel in Madrid.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julio O
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Hotel Villa Magna, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

I have shared your comments with my team and they are both encouraged and motivated to know that you so enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you once again and we look forward to your visit to the Villa Magna soon.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The service was excellent since the check in process. Everyone makes a great effort to please you. The rooms are beautiful and very modern. The bar at nite is lots of fun and romantic at the same time. Hotel is next to all the shopping you would ever want in Madrid. Only low point, the restaurant. We paid over $130 Euros for eggs, bacon and fries. Orange juice was $15 euros each. That left us with a bad taste in our mouths after such great experience in this hotel. This is the only reason for not rating this hotel as excellent. Overall perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JBR1998
Charles L Morri... G, Director General at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
We appreciate your feedback and I thank you for the details you highlighted as it is important for us to know what our guest appreciate.

We will be delighted to welcome you and make your next stay a perfect one!

I send you my kindest regards along with my appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments.

Charles L. Morris
Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I must say, this hotel is by far the best we've stayed in. Since I am in the hotel business, I know quite a lot on service and hotels and my opinion on the staff is above all expectations - professional, caring, friendly and with extremely high service level. The room was really spacious, facing the main street, luxurious and fashionable. You could notice every small detail that was there only to make your stay as memorable as possible. We would like to express our uttermost gratitude to Irene from the reception who ensured our 100% satisfaction and took the best care of us as a hotel employee ever could. Breakfast was fresh, and highlighted the taste of Spanish culture. Bellboys were always there, making sure they could assist us at any point. There is a really nice small park right in front of the hotel with small and long romantic fountains next to park benches for a romantic evening. Will definitely return there at first possibility.

Room Tip: Book a room on as high floor as possible, facing the main street ;)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Martin L
Charles L Morri... G, Director General at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read your comments following your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

I have shared your comments with my team and they are both encouraged and motivated to know that you so enjoyed your stay with us. Over the past forty years the Hotel Villa Magna has remained committed to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations and we look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Madrid.

With thanks once again for your kind words, please receive warm regards from all of us at the Villa Magna.

Charles L. Morris