“Madrid's Best”

Ranked #8 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Madrid's Best”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Not the most stylish from outside - slightly bland 1960's appearance but very stylish inside both common areas and rooms. The outside courtyards are also very good particularly the front one.
Service excellent and staff very professional and pleasant. Food very good - we had an excellent risotto served in the front courtyard. Chinese ( not operated but part of the hotel) was disappointing.Well worth a stay if you are in Madrid.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adder26
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words.

My staff and I hope you will regard the Villa Magna as your hotel in Madrid and hope you will visit us as often as you like. We will make every effort to make your stay comfortable.

My appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was top of its game the room were lovely the staff were excellent and very helpful
Great beds
The hotel is in a good position
The breakfast was good
I could not say a bad word about this hotel I would stay there again
This hotel service was excellent on every level 5 stars all the way

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gogirl53
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read your comments following your recent stay with us!
I have shared them with my team and they are both encouraged and motivated to know that you so enjoyed your stay with us.

We very much look forward to having you stay with us again very soon!
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 23 May 2014

For a five-star hotel, it fell well below expectation. Though the rooms were modern and chic, the bathrooms were lacking in terms of basic comfort. The water temperature kept fluctuating from freezing to burning hot and the water pressure was below average. The bedroom temperature was difficult to gauge and the thermostat did not seem to work properly. The pillows were too soft. The TV had no pay-per-view. The positives were the location and the service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VW81
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Hotel Villa Magna. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Hotel Villa Magna, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Burke, Virginia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I just returned from a 10 day stay. The hotel is centrally located near the center of town, within walking distance of the Gran Via, Parque Retiro, museums, and is even close to the Santiago Bernabeau (although that is a bit of a hike). Despite all that, the Villa Magna is very peaceful. I would recommend it for honeymooners or people on business who need a place without too many distractions.
The service is excellent. I would like to especially thank the staff of the breakfast buffet who went out of their way to show exceptionally good customer service. That they took the extra step in making sure that I started the day off well was something that I took note of each morning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read your comments following your recent stay with us. I have shared them with my team and they are both encouraged and motivated to know that you so enjoyed your stay with us

We hope you come back to visit us again soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here two nights. The rooms were not overly large, but the quality of furnishings and service were great. The location is great as there is a big department store with an amazing grocery store (high end foods) right behind. Room service for breakfast was served at the precise time and food was great. I would recommend this to any discerning traveller.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Expat_traveller
Thank you very much for your kind words.

My appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I just returned from an 11 day vacation. Villa Magna set the stage for a fabulous vacation. The room was a good size, well appointed, with luxury amenities. The staff exceeded expectations. The location is perfect for shopping and a added plus is the grocery store below ground behind the hotel. I will be returning and this is now my official hotel in Madrid.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TonyaLetrice
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Villa Magna which I have share with my team.

Over the past forty years the Hotel Villa Magna has remained committed to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations and we look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Madrid!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I just returned from a stay at Villa Magna with 12 of my girlfriends! It was an elegant hotel in a wonderful location. Unfortunately, our stay in Madrid was short so staying at Villa Magna was perfect- right off of Serrano near shops and restaurants. It had a great staff and concierge that catered to our every needs- which were many. If you want to stay at one of the best properties in town- this would be the one!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank divatrotter
Thank you very much for your kind words.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with your girl friends.

My appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments.