“Very Nice, Luxurius, Authentic Hotel”
Review of Villa Magna

Villa Magna
Ranked #11 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 18 June 2014

A very nice hotel, A classical, very clean excellent service, top quality, the staff is very helpful, rooms are functional, all ammenities are top quality. Highly recomended as a business hotel. Close to shopping areas as well. Do not miss it

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Giobull
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read your comments following your recent visit. It will be a pleasure to share these with the staff.

We are very happy you had another wonderful stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Villa Magna very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I arrived with my three large bags at 07:30. Nobody was by the hotel entrance. It was only after paying the taxi driver, unloading the bags and starting to roll one to the door that the bellman arrived. The lobby was absolutely quiet and nobody at reception. The doorman started to call to to get someone to come to reception. It surprised me, as of course I usually expect the door and reception to be staffed 24/7. I liked the junior suite I was shown to: clean, quiet, good layout, some small nice accents like pillow spray. Yet there were some minuses: there are switch to change shower to bathtub soak was broken. During the day after housekeeping there were no clean glasses and the bottle opener had disappeared (we called to have that all restocked). Good selection in minibar and all the time fresh ice. Movie on demand service is not available despite a remote with all the necessary buttons. The only way we could figure this out was to call technical assistance. Next day I tried the restaurant, and this was subpar. The waiter did not know what champagne they offer by glass. It took 15 mins to get that information, after we ordered she delivered a different kind of champagne then was ordered. The waiter also had bad breath. At night time I and friends came to garden bar which close at 2am, we took a table at 1:45 and ordered Chivas Rigal 21years Royal Salut and get answer that the bar is closed (At 1:45!). I have to spent some time to go to reception, figure out the situation, and finally we received our order. I see this rude service first time in 5 star hotel. When I do check-out I found they double charge me for SPA. It was rectified but still too much work for guest to enjoy luxury service in luxury hotel. So location is good, amenities and quality of rooms are also good but I do not experience any wishes to return to this hotel. Price is ok for 5 star hotel just no life atmosphere in this hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarsLyrus

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Hotel Villa Magna. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Hotel Villa Magna, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very stylish hotel in good location. Staff very helpful and friendly and they definitely went the extra mile to find some documents I had left behind after I checked out. The rooms were spacious and very quiet and we really enjoyed our stay. Great service

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words.

My staff and I hope you will regard the Villa Magna as your hotel in Madrid and hope you will visit us as often as you like. We will make every effort to make your stay comfortable.

My appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, perfect rooms, amazing shower, excellent hairdryer, wonderful breakfast. Special thanks to the concierges who recommended and booked the wonderful restaurants. Worth noting that we lost some inexpensive bracelets that we had bought for our teenage daughter. The wonderful manager actually offered to have someone buy them for us at the store and then mail them to us. Very special!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind words.

We are very happy you so enjoyed your stay with us.

My appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments and share them.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Not the most stylish from outside - slightly bland 1960's appearance but very stylish inside both common areas and rooms. The outside courtyards are also very good particularly the front one.
Service excellent and staff very professional and pleasant. Food very good - we had an excellent risotto served in the front courtyard. Chinese ( not operated but part of the hotel) was disappointing.Well worth a stay if you are in Madrid.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adder26

Thank you very much for your kind words.

My appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was top of its game the room were lovely the staff were excellent and very helpful
Great beds
The hotel is in a good position
The breakfast was good
I could not say a bad word about this hotel I would stay there again
This hotel service was excellent on every level 5 stars all the way

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gogirl53
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read your comments following your recent stay with us!
I have shared them with my team and they are both encouraged and motivated to know that you so enjoyed your stay with us.

We very much look forward to having you stay with us again very soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

For a five-star hotel, it fell well below expectation. Though the rooms were modern and chic, the bathrooms were lacking in terms of basic comfort. The water temperature kept fluctuating from freezing to burning hot and the water pressure was below average. The bedroom temperature was difficult to gauge and the thermostat did not seem to work properly. The pillows were too soft. The TV had no pay-per-view. The positives were the location and the service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple