“Elegance, high comfort, impeccable service! Madrid's top hotel”
Review of Hotel Villa Magna

Hotel Villa Magna
Ranked #11 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been many times to the Villa Magna since the eighties and nineties, sometimes on business trips and also with my wife and family. It was last month last time I have been there on occasion of a brief visit I paid to Madrid. I had lunch with a friend at hotel's japanese restaurant which resulted to be a good choice and an excellent experience: we tasted a few most delicious dishes, japanese and oriental, served impeccably by corteous waiters. And at reasonable prices for a luxuriy hotel like Villa Magna: I believe Tse Yang is probably the best jananese restaurant in in Madrid. Villa Magna has always been an excellent hotel of five star 'grand luxe', but after an extensive renovation a few years ago it has become a gem of a hotel, highly elegant and sophisticated, I believe it is the best gran luxury hotel in Madrid, and I know all of them. It enjoys a fabulous location on Castellana avenue and Serrano, adjacent to Salamanca district, the most elegant in Madrid, full of life in streets and with plenty of luxury shops, good bars, restaurants, and close to great museums and Embassies.The main restaurant serves an excellent menu card offering a selected wine list as well. The Magnum Bar is extremelly cozy and elegant and has great cocktails and tasty tapas.The open terrace behind the lounge is nicely set serving good snak and drinks. In a previous visit I was shown around the hotel main areas having visited a few rooms and suites beautifully furnitured and decorated in elegant modern style in soft shades of blue, gray and ocher in similar tones to public areas of the hotel. All services rendered at the hotel are carried out in a very gentle and super efficient way by an outstanding staff. I would like to specially remark the matchless professional service rendered by the concierges' team, special mention to head concierge, Angel Masa, a very nice person and super helpful to all guests for last 30 years. The Villamagna has gone through different stages since it was open for the first time in the early seventies. Now it is at private hands, the owner is a portuguese family who take care of the hotel as it was his own home. And still much more meritorius: they look after the wellbeing of their employees as if they were part of their family! As an illustrative example: when the hotel closed a whole year for a full renovation, all employees were paid the same salaries they had until then. Also, the management organized and paid social and cultural activities to entertain and keep them busy and happy until the hotel would reopen again. Of course, the new owner wanted to keep the same staff and not to loose any of the employees as he wisely realized they were the best asset to the hotel. Villa Magna is 'the address' in Madrid!! - http://www.villamagna.es/galleryhome-en.html - http://www.villamagna.es/about-en.html

Room Tip: All rooms are fine, even the standard. But if you can afford it, book a Junior Suite at top floors.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

We are very happy you so enjoyed your stay with us.

My staff and I hope you will regard the Villa Magna as your hotel in Madrid and hope you will visit us as often as you like. We will make every effort to make your stay comfortable.

My appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments and share them.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa Magna

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed two days in this elegant, quiet hotel in the leafy Salamanca district. Distinctly larger than a boutique hotel, the interior is nevertheless an intimate space, and the glassy, verdant patio is quite lovely. Rooms are sleek with luxurious aspects, most notably the well-illuminated and generously proportioned dressing room space, and the unforgettable quality of the bed sheets. It was something of a surprise to find a bath, but no separate shower. A pillow-menu is provided before one's arrival, wifi is immediately accessible. Rather bafflingly, we met four different concierges in two days. They were very helpful making recommendations and reservations for high-end restaurants in the neighbourhood, but bafflingly at sea when asked to recommend hip nightclubs or life music venues on a Thursday and Friday night. Nevertheless, I shall return to this hotel, as its location is ideal, and those sheets...

Room Tip: Not sure if stand-alone showers are available in this hotel, but if you're a stickler for that s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Hotel Villa Magna and for your kind suggestions.

Over the past forty years the Hotel Villa Magna has remained committed to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations and we look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Madrid!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Well located hotel with spacious and convenient rooms and impeccable service on all stuff levels. Quiet and clean rooms, good room facilities, nice bathrooms. The property is in the most fancy shopping area. Only the breakfast needs a little more variety.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Milena P
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Villa Magna. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here on a recent business trip and found it to be completely luxurious, quiet and sophisticated. Large comfortable bed, strong fast WiFi, and the marble bathroom is fit for a king. Located right in the heart of town. (I inexplicably decided to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe down the street -- though there are classier options nearby too.)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MidtownMarauder

Thank you very much for your kind words.

My appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel was luxurious and we loved the super comfortable sheets. Though I think some parts needs an update. The shower was alternating cold and hot water but it was sorted out in a day. Service was one of the best and they were very good with gave good recommendations on what to do in the city. My husband needed to call in a doctor for a head injury at 5am and they were very helpful. Doctor arrived in 30mins, spoke good English and gave clear instructions. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Hotel Villa Magna which I have share with my team.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We were so lucky we ended up at the exquisite Hotel Villa Magna. We originally booked a different, small "luxury" boutique hotel which was well reviewed on TA. After a long day of travel, we arrived to find a room with A/C that didn't work, among other problems. We called Villa Magna and they were so nice- and said we could come right over. From the moment we walked in we felt like royalty. The room was GORGEOUS...comfy bed with luxurious linens, huge state of the art bathroom and lots of closet space. The staff at reception, concierge, housekeeping etc made us feel like VIPs and gave us wonderful recommendations. Even though Madrid can be 90 degrees + in the summer, the hotel was perfectly cool and we loved the International feel of the guests. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind words.

We are very happy you so enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Just perfect!
Amazing service, location, courtyard restaurants were really good. Only little thing is the bedcovers could have been a little more plush. Otherwise...great hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us which I have share with my team.

I very much appreciate your time in sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Villa Magna soon.