“The hotel is magnificent.”
Review of Hotel Villa Magna

Hotel Villa Magna
Ranked #8 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
New York City, New York
“The hotel is magnificent.”
Reviewed 16 July 2010

The hotel is magnificent. Our room was large, impeccably decorated and every amenity was brand new. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the fitness center had new equipment. The location is perfect as it is in the center of Madrid. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Madrid. It ranks in my opinion as one of the best hotels I have had the pleasure of visiting.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Bazzer9797
hotelvillamagna, Director General at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, 5 August 2010
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your note, it is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful comments about the Hotel Villa Magna and its staff.
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope we will have the opportunity to have you back in our Hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Kind regards,
Julio Hierro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
london
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We stayed here for a few nights and was delighted with our room!
I have stayed in many 5 star hotels in Spain and not all are on par with the real 5 star hotesl you get in England. This however was :0).
Great location, all the best designer shops, it's just like being in Bond street but soooo much better and cleaner! The beds were so nice I had trouble getting up!
Great Asian restaurant the staff were amazing.
The downfall for us was that many staff in the hotel were very snobby, unless you wore a suit all day you will fit right in there.
Other than that perfect, will go back again and stay somewhere else ( in the cooler season 36 degrees was a tiny bit to hot for us LOL.)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Panama
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Just remodeled rooms with all amenities. Superb staff that respond to all your needs. Walking distance to the best shops and door to door with El Corte Ingles of Serrano Ave. I will not stay at any other place in Madrid.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank adbtesh
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 March 2010

It's a real pleasure to write a review about such an overwhelmingly wonderful hotel. We had a luxurious and comfortable stay here just a few days ago. It was so good, we almost didn't want to leave!

Pros - Superb rooms, high quality bedding (good luck getting out of bed!), high standard bathroom facilities including awesome shower rooms, comfortable lounge downstairs, wonderful entertainment system, white glove, high class service, fast room service, very helpful concierge.

Cons - The fact that I kept getting static shocks when I pushed the elevator button was my biggest day to day gripe :) But if I really had to think about it, the menu pricing for room service was insane (as expected in a 5 star hotel I guess), i.e. $20 for fruit salad and $10 for mineral water. Also, the internet policy is a bit annoying. You have to get new codes every 24 hrs and they limit how much you use. Also, we had a conference that ran until 3pm but they wouldn't allow us a late check out to coincide with that.

Overall, this hotel totally rocks. It's one of the best I've ever stayed in. I would love to stay here again. In fact, I'd probably go out of my way to ensure that I did stay here if and when I return to Madrid.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank purewaves
Bali
Reviewed 18 March 2010

far from a real 5 star

no cofee or tea making facilities
no hook in bathroom for towels
no go green policy, no change of towels or linen
need to get on daily basis your password of internet down in fron office, and slow internet
some staff great others not so. Ladies in Lounge and Rocio in breakfast great.
restaurant did not want to serve other food than the menu

need to look for a better 5 star next time when in spain

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank surferbali
USA
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We've stayed in major 4 and 5 star hotels in big and medium cities. Never have we experienced such incredible service as at the Villa Magna. We felt like English upperclass waited on by private staff! For example, we ordered 3 main courses, appetizers, etc, etc, as room service. All arrived in less than 15 minutes with 2-3 wait staff, table with luxury tablecloth, and gratis extra food. Reminded me of the scene from "Funny Girl"...luxury ordered up by Omar Sharif!

At breakfast (restaurant) (very good buffet choice), staff set up a tiny table next to my chair on which I placed my purse (unrequested). The morning breakfast staff and all staff (front desk folks incredible) repeatedly seemed to feel bad because their English wasn't perfect, even though one of us knew hardly any Spanish. They could not have made us feel any more at ease about being strangers in their land.

There is an Asian restaurant on the first level (Tse Yang?; please check first) that served delicious Peking Duck with trimmings. Luxury again, with unbelievable courtesy, attention and superb food.

It was raining, but no matter: about 8 steps from the hotel, and under cover, is a walkway to one of the nicest (large) department stores in Madrid. People travel blocks and blocks to reach it, but there is was, just behind the hotel.

A free small appetizer and wine (unrequested) was in our room upon arrival.

The bathroom was bright, warm, inviting, huge (check per your room type/choice) and the cleanest I have ever seen.

In general---at the Villa Magna and in Spain---we will remember most, the warm, gentle, accomodating, understanding people. They were heavenly. I write this as a person who has been incensed by bad service, cattle runs at airports and rude people in other parts of the world.

Most Spanish people will renew your belief in humans as good beings, particularly at The Villa Magna!

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank usaers
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Now part of the Leading Hotels of the World collection, this hotel is superb! Great location in heart of Madrid's version of Rodeo Drive and easy walk to the metro and access to everything in Madrid. Luxurious rooms, lobbies and common space. Probably the single most comfortable room I've ever had in Europe -- spacious, light-filled with a super-sized bathroom with the most modern features including a waterfall shower, separate tub, and walk-through closet with built in drawers, shelves and plenty of room for hanging clothes. Face it, when you come for a week or more to Europe, you are not traveling light. Windows that open for fresh air or close to block out street sounds, great draperies to block out light if you aren't on Madrid time just yet. Umbrellas in case of a surprise shower provided at the front desk, Knowledgeable and personable staff with good english (not found often in Madrid). This hotel gets 5 stars from a very picky traveler. My heartfelt recommendation.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple